便 (biàn) English Meaning
- as convenient
- when the chance arises
- to relieve oneself
- to urinate
- to defecate
- equivalent to 就: then
- in that case
- even if
- soon afterwards
Traditional Character: 便
+ is only found in HSK 5.
+ forms words in:
+ forms words in:
Corresponding Classifiers|Measure Words:
Tāmen qióng dé bù xíngqǐ biàn āi è.
They were reduced to begging or starving.
Tā déliǎo fèibìng, bùjiǔ biàn sǐle.
She fell into a decline and died soon.
Wǒ cóngqián yǒu kòng shí biàn huì dú dú xiǎoshuō.
I used to read novels when I had time.
Yīqún rén hěn kuài biàn jùjí zài tā de zhōuwéi.
A crowd soon gathered round him.
Wán de shíjiān yī duō, dúshū de shíjiān biàn shǎo.
When you have more time to play, you have less time to study.
Jīqì chūle máobìng, gōngzuò biàn tíngdùn xiàlái.
Work came to a halt when the machine broke down.
Stroke Order & Character Components
便 (biàn): ordinary; plain; convenient; as convenient; when the chance arises; handy; easy; informal; simple; so; thus; to relieve oneself; to urinate; to defecate; equivalent to 就(jiù): then; in that case; even if; soon afterwards
- 亻 (rén): man
- 更 (gèng): even more; more; further; still; still more
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 便
- 便宜(pián yi): cheap; inexpensive; small advantages; to let somebody off lightly
- 方便(fāng biàn): convenient; to help out; to make things easy for people; convenience; suitable; having money to spare; (euphemism) to go to the toilet
- 顺便(shùn biàn): conveniently; in passing; without much extra effort
- 随便(suí biàn): as one wishes; as one pleases; at random; negligent; casual; wanton
- 便(biàn): convenient; as convenient; ordinary; plain; when the chance arises; handy; easy; informal; simple; so; thus; to relieve oneself; to urinate; to defecate; equivalent to 就: then; in that case; even if; soon afterward
- 便利(biàn lì): convenient; easy; facilitate
- 便条(biàn tiáo): (informal) note; CL: 张(zhāng), 個|个(gè)
- 便于(biàn yú): easy to; convenient for
- 即便(jí biàn): even if; even though; right away; immediately
- 以便(yǐbiàn): so that; so as to; in order to
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word