Keep on smiling.
Zuì hǎo bǎochí lěngjìng.
The best thing is to keep cool.
Ràng tāngmǔ bǎochí ānjìng.
Ask him to keep quiet.
Bǎochí jiāotōng chàngtōng wúzǔ.
Keep the traffic flowing.
Bǎochí zài jiào dī de wēndù.
Keep it at a lower temperature.
Wǒmen bìxū bǎochí jiātíng chuántǒng.
We must keep up family traditions.
Stroke Order & Character Components
Add Your Heading Text Here
持 (chí): to hold; to grasp; to support; to maintain; to persevere; to manage; to run (i.e. administer); to control
- 扌 (shou): hand
- 寺 (sì): Buddhist temple; mosque; government office (old)
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing +
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 持
- 坚持 (jiān chí): to continue upholding; to remain committed to; persistence; to persist; to uphold; to insist on; persevere
- 支持 (zhī chí): to be in favor of; to support; to back; support; backing; to stand by; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 保持 (bǎo chí): to keep; to maintain; to hold; to preserve
- 持续 (chí xù): to continue; to persist; sustainable; preservation
- 主持 (zhǔ chí): to take charge of; to manage or direct; to preside over; to uphold; to stand for (e.g. justice); to host (a TV or radio program, etc.)
- 持久 (chí jiǔ): lasting; enduring; persistent; permanent; protracted; endurance; persistence; to last long
- 维持 (wéi chí): to keep; to maintain; to preserve
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word