出 (chū) English Meaning
- to go out
- to come out
- to occur
- to produce
- to go beyond
- to rise
- to put forth
- to happen
- classifier for dramas, plays, operas, etc.
Traditional Character: 出
This character forms words in:
Gǔn chū wǒjiā!
Get out of my house.
Wǒ chūchéng dùjiàle.
I was out of town on vacation.
Yòng lái fāsòng chū yānwù shān.
The mountain used to send out clouds of smoke.
Fēngqín zòu chū zhuāngyán de yuèqǔ.
The organ rolled out a stately melody.
Tā yīzhí zài jìn jìnchū chū yīyuàn.
She has been in and out of hospital.
Stroke Order & Character Components
- 凵 (qiǎn): container
- 丨 (gǔn): line
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 出
- 出租车 (chū zū chē): taxi
- 出 (chū): to go out; to come out; to occur; to produce; to go beyond; to rise; to put forth; to happen; classifier for dramas, plays, operas, etc.
- 出版 (chū bǎn): to publish; to come off the press; to put out
- 出口 (chū kǒu): an exit; to speak; to export; (of a ship) to leave port; CL:个 (gè)
- 出色 (chū sè): remarkable; outstanding
- 出示 (chū shì): to show; to take out and show to others; to display;
- 出席 (chū xí): to attend; to participate; present
- 突出 (tū chū): prominent; outstanding; to give prominence to; to protrude; to project
- 层出不穷 (céng chū bù qióng): more and more emerge; innumerable succession; breeding like flies (idiom)
- 出路 (chū lù): a way out (of a difficulty etc)
- 出卖 (chū mài): to offer for sale; to sell; to sell out or betray
- 出身 (chū shēn): family background; class origin
- 出神 (chū shén): entranced; Trance (music genre)
- 出息 (chū xi): promise; prospects; future
- 杰出 (jié chū): outstanding; distinguished; remarkable; prominent; illustrious
- 支出 (zhī chū): to spend; to pay out; expense
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word