Mǎifáng yào liànglì ér xíng, dàn yě yào bǎwò shíjī.
Buying a house should be within one’s means, but also within one’s opportunity.
Hǎohǎo bǎwò zhège jīhuì.
Make good use of this opportunity.
[Yàn] bǎwò yīgè jīntiān, shèngsì liǎng gè míngtiān.
Proverb: One today is worth two tomorrows.
Nǐ suǒyào zuò de biàn shì hǎohǎo bǎwò zhè qiānzǎinánféng de jīhuì.
All you have to do is take advantage of this opportunity of a lifetime.
Tā jiēdài tā shí shǐzhōng zhǔnquè de bǎwò hǎo fēncùn, kàn shì lěngdàn, què bù shīlǐ.
She had always received him with perfect propriety, seeming cold but not impolite.
Stroke Order & Character Components
把(bǎ): to hold; to contain; to grasp; to take hold of; a handle; particle marking the following noun as a direct object; classifier for objects with handle
- 扌 (shou): hand
- 巴 (bā): to long for; to wish; to cling to; to stick to; something that sticks; close to; next to; spread open; informal abbr. for bus 巴士(bā shì); bar (unit of pressure); nominalizing suffix on certain nouns, such as 尾巴(wěi ba), tail
握 (wò): to hold; to grasp; to clench (one's fist); to master; classifier: a handful
- 扌 (shou): hand
- 屋 (wū): house; room; CL: 間|间(jiān), 個|个(gè)
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 把
- 把(bǎ): to hold; to contain; to grasp; to take hold of; a handle; particle marking the following noun as a direct object; classifier for objects with handle
- 把握(bǎwò): to grasp (also fig.); to seize; to hold; assurance; certainty; sure (of the outcome)
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 握
- 把握 (bǎ wò): to grasp (also fig.); to seize; to hold; assurance; certainty; sure (of the outcome)
- 握手 (wò shǒu): to shake hands
- 掌握 (zhǎng wò): to grasp (often fig.); to control; to master; to know well; to understand something well and know how to use it; fluency; to seize (initiative, opportunity, destiny)