曾经 (céngjīng) English Meaning
- (past tense marker used before verb or clause)
Traditional Characters: 曾經
+ is only found in HSK 5.
+ forms words in:
+ forms words in:
Nǐ céngjīng jiéguò hūn ma?
Did you ever get married?
Nǐ céngjīng qùguò fàguó ma?
Have you ever been to France?
Wǒmen céngjīng zhù zài lúndūn.
Once we lived in London.
Tā céngjīng bèi shòuyǔ jīnpái.
He’s been awarded a gold medal once.
Nǐ céngjīng déguò zhòngbìng ma?
Have you ever had any serious illness?
Tā céngjīng xiě xìn gěi mǎkè ma?
Has she ever written a letter to Mark?
Stroke Order & Character Components
Add Your Heading Text Here
经 (jīng): to pass through; to undergo; to bear; to endure; classics; sacred book; scripture; warp (textile); longitude; menstruation; channel (TCM); abbr. for economics 經濟|经济(jīng jì)
- 纟 (sī): silk
- ス: unidentified strokes
- 工 (gōng): work
- 巠 (jīng ￼): underground watercourse; archaic variant of 經|经(jīng)
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing +
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 经
- 已经(yǐjīng): already
- 经常(jīng cháng): day to day; everyday; daily; frequently; constantly; regularly; often
- 经过(jīng guò): to pass; to go through; process; course; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 经理(jīng lǐ): manager; director; CL: 個|个(gè), 位(wèi),名(míng)
- 经济(jīng jì): economy; economic
- 经历(jīng lì): experience; to experience; to go through; CL: 個|个(gè), 次(Cì)
- 经验(jīng yàn): to experience; experience
- 曾经(céng jīng): once; already; former; previously; ever; (past tense marker used before verb or clause)
- 经典(jīng diǎn): the classics; scriptures; classical
- 经商(jīng shāng): to trade; to carry out commercial activities; in business
- 经营(jīng yíng): to engage in (business, etc.); to run; to operate
- 饱经沧桑(bǎo jīng cāng sāng): having lived through many changes
- 经费(jīng fèi): funds; expenditure; CL: 笔(bǐ)
- 经纬(jīng wěi): warp and woof; longitude and latitude; main points
- 神经(shén jīng): nerve
- 正经(zhèng jing): decent; honorable; proper; serious; according to standards
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word