比 (bǐ) English Meaning
- particle used for comparison and ‘-er than’
- to compare
- to contrast
- to gesture (with hands)
Traditional Character: 比
This character forms words in:
Qiūtiān bǐ rènhé jìjié dōu shìhé dúshū.
Autumn is better for reading than any other season.
Nǐ bǐ yǐqián gèng róngyì shàngkè chídàole.
You’ve been late for school more often than before.
Tā kàn qǐlái bǐ tā de shíjì niánlíng dà.
He looks old for his age.
Wǒ zài bǐsài qián bǎ shǒubiǎo jiāo qīzi bǎoguǎn.
Before the game I gave my watch to my wife for safe keeping.
Tā māmā kàn qǐlái bǐ shíjì niánlíng niánqīng.
His mother looks young for her age.
Nǐ méi lǐyóu juédé zìjǐ bǐ biérén chà de.
There is no reason for you to feel inferior to anyone.
Stroke Order & Character Components
比 (bǐ): to associate with; to be near
比 (bǐ): to confront
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 比
- 比(bǐ): particle used for comparison and ‘-er than’; to compare; to contrast; to gesture (with hands); ratio
- 比较(bǐjiào): compare; contrast; fairly; comparatively; relatively; quite; rather
- 比赛(bǐsài): competition (sports, etc.); match; CL: 场(chǎng), 次(cì)
- 比如(bǐrú): for example; for instance; such as
- 比方(bǐfang): instance; example
- 比喻(bǐyù): analogy; metaphor; figure of speech; figuratively
- 比重(bǐzhòng): proportion; specific gravity
- 无比(wú bǐ): matchless
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word