长 (cháng) English Meaning
Traditional Character: 長
This character forms words in:
Xiàjì zhòu cháng.
In summer the days are long.
Tā xiě cháng xìn.
He’s writing a long letter.
Nà zuò qiáo bù cháng.
That bridge isn’t long.
Dà xiàng yǒu cháng bízi.
An elephant has a long nose.
Yějī zhǎngzhe cháng wěibā.
Pheasants have long tails.
Zhè dǔ qiáng cháng sānshí mǎ.
The wall is thirty yards long.
Stroke Order & Character Components
长 (cháng): (cháng) length; long; forever; always; constantly (zhǎng) chief; head; elder; to grow; to develop; to increase; to enhance
长 (zhǎng): long
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 长
- 长(cháng): long; length
- 校长(xiào zhǎng): (college, university) president; headmaster; CL: 個|个(gè), 位(wèi),名(míng)
- 长(zhǎng): elder; senior; to grow; to develop; to come into being; to acquire; to enhance; to increase
- 长途(cháng tú): long distance
- 成长(chéng zhǎng): to mature; to grow; growth
- 生长(shēng zhǎng): to grow
- 延长(yán cháng): to prolong; to extend; to delay
- 长辈(zhǎng bèi): one’s elders; older generation
- 拔苗助长(bá miáo zhù zhǎng): to spoil things through excessive enthusiasm (idiom)
- 董事长(dǒng shì zhǎng): chairman of the board; chairman
- 漫长(màn cháng): very long; endless
- 擅长(shàn cháng): to be good at; to be expert in
- 特长(tè cháng): personal strength; one’s special ability or strong points
- 专长(zhuān cháng): specialty; special knowledge or ability
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word