Missed an Announcement or Site Progress Report? Find it below. Entries are sorted by date, with the most recent first. Links are still live. Announcements over a year old will be deleted.
- 04/19/21 – The contact us form has been fixed. It was reported that the recaptcha was not allowing messages to be sent. You can now Contact Us using the link in the footer of any page on the site.
- 04/13/21 – You may notice changes to the HSK Vocabulary Pages as we make preparations for HSK 3.0 that is scheduled for release later in the year.
- 04/13/21 – Part 2 of our Shopping Series is now available – Online Shopping. Grab a Free PDF too!
- 04/12/21 – Barry’s back with 15 tips to help you build your Chinese Vocabulary. See the Video HERE.
- 04/12/21 – Our new Shopping Video series is in production. Part 1 – Learn 125 Brand Names in Chinese + 15 Bonus Vocab and a Free PDF is now available.
- 04/08/21 – Learn 85 parts of the Body with our new video and printable PDF HERE.
- 04/07/21 – I am excited to tell you our latest indepth video All About Money is now up on the site. It took me an entire week to put it together. I wanted to share with you everything I possibly could about Money. I hope you enjoy it!
- 04/01/21 – We have just released a new video wherein you will learn how to ask and answer “What is Your Nationality?” The video contains the names of 72 Countries! A Free PDF and an Anki Deck is also available.
- 03/30/21 – 3 new OCR (Optical Character Recognition) tools are available in our Resources section. OCR allows you to extract text from pictures and paste it anywhere. You can even screenshot things with your phone and convert the text to something you can edit. I have also created an instructional video for your reference. See the video and resources HERE.
- 03/30/21 – A brand new video is available to teach you 202 Useful Vocabulary & Phrases with respect to Conversations at a Hotel. A free PDF is also available.
- 03/28/21 – The Reptiles section of our Animal Kingdom video is HERE. Free PDF also available!
- 03/26/21 – Part 3 of our Animal Kingdom Video Series is now available HERE.
- 03/25/21 – Sea Animals – Part 2 of of 5-part Animal Kingdom video series is now available. FREE PDFs are now available for all 5 parts of the series HERE and on the printables page.
- 03/25/21 – Our new 5-part Animal Kingdom video series is in production. Once the videos are all released, additional learning materials will be created.
- 03/19/21 – As promised there is a new Chinese Song Translation available HERE: 继续爱 Keep Loving You by 飞轮海 Fahrenheit.
- The glossary is being looked at by a programer as it has glitches, but look for it soon.
- 03/15/21 – It was reported that the 2-Sided HSK 1 printable flashcard deck was not printing correctly due to lengthy English definitions falling out of place. The problem has been corrected. Enjoy! No matter how small, I enjoy fixing errors that effect you experience on the site. Tell me. Thanks!
- 03/15/21 – It was reported that the downloadable MP3 for HSK Sample Test #H11334 was incorrect. The issue is fixed, please enjoy.
- 03/01/21 – I took some time off — life happens, but I am back. I will release a new song translation soon and have a new glossary section coming not long after that. Stay tuned. Also, I contacted the ad company to remove many of the experience disturbing ads appearing at the top of all web pages.
- 12/26/20 – A new song is available on our Chinese Song Translations page. 少年 Youth 我還是從前那個少年 I Am Still The Youth I Used To Be by 夢然 Miya. (Update 12/28 Version with pinyin available now).
- 12/21/20 – A new song is available on our Chinese Song Translations page. I subbed “Mr. Perfect” by Fahrenheit at the request of @Nitaa愛 JWG, one of my YouTube followers and a Jiro Wang fan.
- 12/19/20 – Our growing vocabulary list of 7,500 conversational and theocratic (“bible”) terms needs an upgrade. Every word and phrase has native audio. In its past life, it spanned 144 webpages, making searching it a real chore. Recently, it was combined into one searchable page making its valuable content more discoverable. However, the page’s loading time is now horrible, especially on mobile devices. . .
- I spent several days searching for a free solution without success. If you appreciate this unique vocabulary list, please consider a small donation to help us add a glossary plugin to the site. This will allow future expansion of the many unique terms not found in other mainstream dictionaries. Plus, it can be used in other areas of the site and page loading times will improve. Currently, ads do not cover our hosting and other costs. If small donations are combined, we can make this plugin a reality. Thank you for your consideration and for your help in bringing free Chinese to our community.
- 12/18/20 – Ep. 5 of Lesson Pages w/ Barry is now available! Check out “Perfecting Chinese Tones” here.
- 12/17/20 – Our Pinyin Drills pages have received an upgrade try them out here: Initials or Finals.
- 12/16/20 – Our “Conversational & Bible” Vocabulary List of over 7,500 words and phrases just received an upgrade. There is now a search box that allows you to search all the entries. Also, the entire list is available on 1 page rather than 144. Enjoy!
- 12/15/20 – The “Resources & Tools” page has been renamed “Resources.”
- 12/14/20 – We now link to 48 Quizlet Flashcards decks designed to help you learn Chinese. Find them under the Flashcards tab in the main menu or use the link in this update. Enjoy!
- 12/14/20 – We now list 111 YouTube Channels from which you can learn Chinese free and get valuable Cultural insights! Find this and more Resources & Tools HERE.
- 12/13/20 – A user reported that the HSK 2 Printable Duplex cards were printing outside the set margins. This has been fixed.
- 12/11/20 – We now have 74 HSK Practice Tests available! Find them under HSK > “HSK Practice Tests” in the main menu.
- 12/10/20 – Our “Printables” and “Anki” pages have been redesigned to be more user friendly. The new design will allow for the expansion planned. Please check them out! Also, a user reported an error on the printable HSK 3 cut & fold cards. The error is fixed. Please let me know if you ever find an error on the site. We don’t want any disappointment here. 🙂
- 12/09/20 – Did you know that we have a Bofopomo Chart w/ Audio? A downloadable PDF and videos are also available for your learning pleasure. It is now easier to find in the main menu: Chinese Fundamentals > Bopofomo.
- 12/08/20 – We are working to make pages load faster and are also making learning materials easier for you to find. Some links are now only available in the main menu rather than appearing under photos on the home page. Other pages will follow suit soon with many graphic elements being eliminated or reduced while maintaining the site’s beauty.
- 12/08/20 – We have started a GoFundMe Campaign to raise money to bring more free Chinese to you. Please help us spread the word. 谢谢你！
- 12/06/20 – Check out the new addition in the main menu: “Build Your Vocabulary.” There you can learn not only Vocabulary but simple phrases as well. We will be updating this page on a regular basis.
- 12/05/20 – HSK sample tests are now located under “HSK” in the main menu. YCT sample tests are now located under “YCT” in the main menu.
- 12/03/20 – All our Tone Pairs Practice videos have been updated to include louder audio.
- 12/02/20 – Looping audio is now available in our tables throughout the site. This will allow you to hear the words again and again until you click to turn the audio off or click on another word. I would love your feedback as to how it is working on your end. Enjoy!
- 11/26/20 – Ep. 4 of “Lesson Pages with Barry!” is now available. Check it out HERE.
- 11/17/20 – Our first 2 Lesson Pages w/ Barry episodes have been released. Follow us on social media or check this Announcement Board to find out when New Pages are released.
- 11/12/20 – All of our HSK Vocabulary Pages have a “Links to All HSK Words” section that directs you to other words the character(s) appear in. When viewing this section, please keep in mind that HSK 5 and 6 Vocabulary Pages are Under Construction, so those pages are incomplete. I am working very hard to finish the more than 3000 pages!
- 11/10/20 – (FIXED) Updates to the site that occurred during my COVID-19 absence have broken many links in the HSK charts. Work is now being done to fix this. Sorry for any inconvenience.
- 11/5/20 – Work is beginning on a still guided beginner’s course. I am very excited about it.
- 08/12/20 – Work is continuing on HSK 5. As it is 1300 words and I am one person, it is taking a bit longer than I hoped. Stay tuned.
- 07/20/20 – By popular request “no right click” has been disabled so that you can copy and paste the “Chinese” into dictionaries, etc.
- 07/20/20 – The link issues and other errors have been fixed on the tone pairs pages. Thank you to the user who reported the issues to me.
- 07/20/20 – Work on HSK 5 Vocabulary is still underway. Please stay tuned. I have big dreams for this completely FREE site.
- 07/08/20 – By popular demand, we now have a video tutorial available here, which teaches you how to quickly create Anki flashcard decks with images using CSV files.
- 07/04/20 – Two new “Learn All The Sounds of Pinyin video is available here. All Chinese words with the finals “ie” and “in” are represented in one video and the words with the finals “ing” “iong” and “iou” are in the other. Enjoy!
- 06/26/20 – You may have noticed we have several new HSK sample tests available. Actual tests from 2013 are in the process of being uploaded. When complete, we will make an official announcement on the blog.
- Much progress has been made on HSK 5 Vocabulary pages. All the pictures and data is now ready for upload. Stay tuned as I work to make this FREE site, the best possible.
- 06/24/20 – A new video in our learn “Bible Mandarin” series (Part 5) is available here.
- 06/23/20 – A new video in our learn “Bible Mandarin” series (Part 4) is available here.
- 06/22/20 – A new “Learn All The Sounds of Pinyin video is available here. The finals “ian,” “iang” and “iao” are represented in the video. Enjoy!
- 06/18/20 – Please Note: Links to HSK 5 and 6 vocab pages will not work as expected because the pages are under construction. I apologize if you navigate to incomplete pages, it is necessary to have them live at times. We appreciate your patience, and in the meantime, I hope you will enjoy other areas of the site.
- 06/14/20 – Link issues with the HSK 1 Charts have been resolved. Please continue to report any issues you have with the site so that they can be fixed for everyone’s enjoyment.
- 06/11/20 – The HSK 1 Charts will be back soon, an update caused link problems. For now, please enjoy the HSK 1 Word List and Vocabulary Pages. Thank you!
- 06/04/20 – The navigation links at the bottom of HSK 4 Vocab pages have been fixed. As always, please report any issues you have in viewing the site, we want everyone to have a pleasant experience and find what they are looking for. Ashley 🙂
- 06/02/20 – Simplified, Traditional and Pinyin Charts are now available for HSK 4!
The navigation links at the bottom of some HSK 4 pages are not functioning as expected and are being troubleshot. A fix is coming shortly.