点 (diǎn) English Meaning
- point(in space or time)
- to draw a dot
- to check on a list
- to choose
- to order (food in a restaurant)
- to touch briefly
- to hint
- to light
- to ignite
- to pour a liquid drop by drop
- (old) one fifth of a two-hour watch 更(gēng)
- dot stroke in Chinese characters
- classifier for items
Duō chī diǎn shūcài.
Eat more vegetables.
Wǒ diǎn bísè.
I am a bit stuffed up.
Gěi tā diǎn shíjiān.
Give her a moment.
Lüèwēi chāozhòngle diǎn.
It’s a little overweight.
Hē diǎn dōngxī ma?
Want a drink?
Shǎo hē diǎn píjiǔ!
Go easy on the beer!
Stroke Order & Character Components
点 (diǎn): point; dot; drop; speck; o'clock; point (in space or time); to draw a dot; to check on a list; to choose; to order (food in a restaurant); to touch briefly; to hint; to light; to ignite; to pour a liquid drop by drop; (old) one-fifth of a two-hour watch 更(gēng); dot stroke in Chinese characters; classifier for items
- 卜 (bo): divination
- 口 (kǒu): mouth
- 灬 (biāo): fire, legs
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 点
- 点 (diǎn): a little; a bit; drop (of liquid); stain; spot; speck; jot; dot stroke (in Chinese characters); decimal point; point; mark (of degree or level); a place (with certain characteristics); iron bell; o’clock; some; (point) unit of measurement for type; to touch on briefly; to make clear; to light; to ignite; to kindle; period of time at night (24 minutes) (old); a drip; to dibble; classifier for small indeterminate quantities
- 一点儿 (yī diǎn er): a little (bit)
- 地点 (dì diǎn): place; site; location; venue; CL: 個|个 (gè)
- 缺点 (quē diǎn): weak point; fault; shortcoming; CL: 個|个 (gè)
- 特点 (tè diǎn): characteristic (feature); trait; feature; CL: 個|个 (gè)
- 优点 (yōu diǎn): merit; benefit; strong point; advantage; CL: 個|个 (gè)
- 重点 (zhòng diǎn): emphasis; focal point; priority; key; with the emphasis on; focusing on
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word