便宜 (pián yi) English Meaning
- small advantages
- to let somebody off lightly
Traditional Characters: 便宜
便 forms words in:
便 forms words in:
Sìhū hěn piányí.
It seemed to be cheap.
Hěn piányí, shì ma?
That’s cheap, isn’t it?
Tǔdòu hěn piányí de.
Potatoes are very cheap.
Jīntiān yú hěn piányí.
Fish is cheap today.
Wa! Zhēn piányí a!
Wow! That’s cheap!
Tā zhēn de hěn piányí.
It is really cheap.
Stroke Order & Character Components
便 (biàn): ordinary; plain; convenient; as convenient; when the chance arises; handy; easy; informal; simple; so; thus; to relieve oneself; to urinate; to defecate; equivalent to 就(jiù): then; in that case; even if; soon afterwards
- 亻 (rén): man
- 更 (gèng): even more; more; further; still; still more
宜 (yí): proper; should; suitable; appropriate
- 宀 (mián): roof
- 且 (qiě): moreover; yet; and; for the time being; to be about to; both (… and…)
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 便
- 便宜(pián yi): cheap; inexpensive; small advantages; to let somebody off lightly
- 方便(fāng biàn): convenient; to help out; to make things easy for people; convenience; suitable; having money to spare; (euphemism) to go to the toilet
- 顺便(shùn biàn): conveniently; in passing; without much extra effort
- 随便(suí biàn): as one wishes; as one pleases; at random; negligent; casual; wanton
- 便(biàn): convenient; as convenient; ordinary; plain; when the chance arises; handy; easy; informal; simple; so; thus; to relieve oneself; to urinate; to defecate; equivalent to 就: then; in that case; even if; soon afterward
- 便利(biàn lì): convenient; easy; facilitate
- 便条(biàn tiáo): (informal) note; CL: 张(zhāng), 個|个(gè)
- 便于(biàn yú): easy to; convenient for
- 即便(jí biàn): even if; even though; right away; immediately
- 以便(yǐbiàn): so that; so as to; in order to
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word