让 (ràng) English Meaning
- to permit
- to let somebody do something
- to have somebody do something to yield
Traditional Character: 讓
This character forms words in::
Ràng tā jìnlái.
Let him in.
Ràng wǒ kàn kàn.
Let me have a look.
Ràng wǒ jìnqù.
Let me in.
Ràng wǒ zhīdào.
Let me know!
Ràng wǒ qù sǐ.
Let me die.
Ràng wǒ qù zuò.
Let me do that.
Stroke Order & Character Components
让 (ràng): to yield; to permit; to let somebody do something; to have somebody do something; to make somebody (feel sad, etc.)
- 讠 (yán): speech
- 上 (shàng): upon; on top; above; upper; previous; first (of multiple parts); to climb; to get onto; to go up; to attend (class or university)
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 让
- 让(ràng): to permit; to let somebody do something; to have somebody do something; to yield; to make somebody (feel sad, etc.)
- 让步(ràng bù): to concede; to give in; to yield; a concession
- 转让(zhuǎn ràng): transfer (technology, goods, etc.); conveyancing (property)
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word