Wǎng yòubiān zhuǎndòng yàoshi.
Turn the key to the right.
Tā wǎng yòubiān yíle shūzhuō.
He moved the desk to the right.
Tā xiě de zì cóng zuǒ wǎng yòu xié.
Her handwriting slants from left to right.
Tā yòng huǒqián wǎng lú huǒ zhōng tiān méi.
She used tongs to add coals to the fire.
Wǒmen yīnggāi wǎng nǎge fāngxiàng zǒu?
Which way should we go?
Qǐng nǐ wǎng yòubiān yí yīdiǎn hǎo ma?
Would you be good enough to move a bit to the right?
Stroke Order & Character Components
- 彳 (chì): walk around
- 主 (zhǔ): owner; master; host; individual or party concerned; God; Lord; main; to indicate or signify; trump card (in card games)
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 往
- 往(wǎng): to go (in a direction); to; towards; (of a train) bound for; past; previous
- 往往(wǎng wǎng): often; frequently
- 交往(jiāo wǎng): to associate; to contact; association; contact
- 往返(wǎng fǎn): to go back and forth; to go to and fro
- 礼尚往来(lǐshàng wǎng lái): proper behavior is based on reciprocity (idiom); fig. to return politeness for politeness;
- 往常(wǎng cháng): habitually in the past; as one used to do formerly; as it used to be
- 往事(wǎng shì): past events; former happenings
- 向往(xiàng wǎng): to yearn for; to look forward to
- 一如既往(yī rú jì wǎng): just as in the past (idiom); as before; continuing as always
- 以往(yǐwǎng): in the past; formerly
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word