Wǒ zǎoshang bù wèi gǒu.
I don’t feed my dog in the morning.
Wǒ zǎoshang huì zài jiā.
I’ll be at home in the morning.
Tā zǎoshang dǎ wǎngqiú.
She plays tennis in the morning.
Tā zǎoshang zài nà’er.
She was there in the morning.
Jīntiān zǎoshang hěn lěng.
It was very cold this morning.
Stroke Order & Character Components
早 (zǎo): early; morning; Good morning!; long ago; prematurely
- 日 (rì): sun
- 十 (shí): ten
上 (shàng): upon; on top; above; upper; previous; first (of multiple parts); to climb; to get onto; to go up; to attend (class or university)
- 一 (yī): one
- 丨 (gǔn): line
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 上
- 上班(shàng bān): to go to work; to be on duty; to start work; to go to the office
- 晚上(wǎn shang): in the evening; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 早上(zǎo shang): early morning; Good morning!; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 马上(mǎ shàng): right away; at once; immediately; lit. on horseback
- 上网(shàng wǎng): to be on the internet; to stretch a net (in a sports game or for covering something); to be netted (of fish)
- 上当(shàng dàng): taken in (by somebody’s deceit); to be fooled; to be duped
- 不相上下(bù xiāng shàng xià): equally matched; about the same
- 锦上添花(jǐn shàng tiān huā): on brocade, add flowers (idiom); to decorate something already perfect; gilding the lily
- 上级(shàng jí): higher authorities; superiors; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 上进(shàng jìn): to make progress; to do better; fig. ambitious to improve oneself; to move forwards
- 上任(shàng rèn): take office
- 上瘾(shàng yǐn): to get into a habit; to become addicted
- 上游(shàng yóu): upper reaches; advanced position
- 雪上加霜(xuě shàng jiā shuāng): to add hail to snow (idiom); one disaster on top of another; to make things worse in a bad situation
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word