Hùshì hěn shēngbìng.
The nurse is ill.
Wǒ zuótiān shēngbìngle.
I was ill yesterday.
Tā bù kěnéng shēngbìngle.
He can’t be ill.
Wǒ shēngbìngle, bùshì ma?
I’m ill, aren’t I?
Mèimei shēngbìng, jíxū yòng qián.
My sister is ill and needs money urgently.
Wǒ tīng shuō luōbótè shēngbìngle.
I’ve heard that Robert is ill.
Stroke Order & Character Components
生 (shēng): to be born; to give birth; life; to grow; raw; uncooked; student
- 生 (shēng): be born
病 (bìng): illness; CL: 場|场(cháng); disease; to fall ill; defect
- 疒 (nè): disease
- 丙 (bǐng): third of the ten Heavenly Stems 十天干(shí tiān gān); third in order; letter ‘C’ or roman ‘III’ in list ‘A, B, C’, or ‘I, II, III’ etc.; propyl
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 生
- 先生(xiānsheng): Mister (Mr.); husband; doctor (dialect); teacher; CL: 個|个(gè), 位(wèi)
- 学生(xuésheng): student; school child
- 医生(yīshēng): doctor; CL: 個|个(gè), 位(wèi), 名(míng)
- 生气(shēngqì): angry; mad; offended; animated; to get angry; to be enraged; to take offense; animation
- 出生(chūshēng): to be born
- 发生(fāshēng): to happen; to occur; to take place; to break out
- 生活(shēnghuó): life; activity; to live; livelihood
- 生命(shēngmìng): life; living; biological; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 生意(shēngyì): life force; vitality;
- 卫生间(wèishēngjiān): bathroom; toilet; WC; CL:间(jiān)
- 产生(chǎnshēng): to arise; to come into being; to come about; to give rise to; to bring into being; to bring about; to produce; to engender; to generate; to appear; appearance; emergence; generation; production; yield
- 花生(huāshēng): peanut; groundnut; CL:粒(lì)
- 陌生(mòshēng): strange; unfamiliar
- 人生(rénshēng): human life
- 生产(shēngchǎn): to give birth to a child; parturition; to produce; manufacture
- 生动(shēngdòng): vivid; lively
- 生长(shēngzhǎng): to grow
- 诞生(dànshēng): to be born
- 生存(shēngcún): to exist; to survive
- 生机(shēngjī): opportunity to live; to reprieve from death; life force; vitality
- 生理(shēnglǐ): physiology
- 生疏(shēngshū): unfamiliar; strange; out of practice; not accustomed
- 生态(shēngtài): way of life; ecology
- 生物(shēngwù): organism; living creature; life form; biological; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 生效(shēngxiào): to take effect; to go into effect
- 生肖(shēngxiào): animal from the Chinese zodiac; one of the twelve animals symbolic of the earthly branches 地支(dìzhī)
- 生锈(shēngxiù): to rust; to grow rusty; to corrode; oxidization
- 生育(shēngyù): to bear; to give birth; to grow; to rear; to bring up (children)
- 天生(tiānshēng): innate; natural
- 维生素(wéishēngsù): vitamin
- 自力更生(zìlìgēngshēng): regeneration through one’s own effort (idiom); self-reliance
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word