零 (líng) English Meaning
- zero sign
- odd (of numbers)
- (placed between two numbers to indicate a smaller quantity followed by a larger one)
- (in mathematics) remainder (after division)
Traditional Character: 零
This character forms words in:
Líng zài yī qiánmiàn.
Zero comes before one.
Dáchéng hépíng xiédìng de gàilǜ shì líng.
The probability of a peace agreement being reached is zero.
Jiàrì zhōng tā zàijiā zuò xiē línghuó er.
He did odd jobs around the house during his holiday.
Rénmen líng líng sàn sàn dì lái dào jùhuì shàng.
People arrived at the party in dribs and drabs.
Wǔ, sì, sān, èr, yī, líng. Wǒmen shēng kōngle!
Five, four, three, two, one, zero. We have lift-off!
Yī wàn jiā wǔqiān zài jiā wǔjiǎo, jiā qǐlái jiùshì yī wàn wǔqiān líng wǔjiǎo.
Ten thousand plus five thousand and five cents make fifteen thousand and five cents.
Stroke Order & Character Components
- 雨 (yǔ): rain
- 令 (lìng): to order; to command; an order; warrant; writ; to cause; to make sth happen; virtuous; honorific title; season; government position (old)
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 零
- 零(líng): zero; nought; zero sign; fractional; fragmentary; odd (of numbers); (placed between two numbers to indicate a smaller quantity followed by a larger one); fraction; (in mathematics) remainder (after division)
- 零钱(líng qián): change (of money); small change; pocket money
HSK 5 Word List
- 零件(líng jiàn): part; component
- 零食(líng shí): between-meal nibbles; snacks
HSK 6 Word List
- 零星(líng xīng): fragmentary; random; bits and pieces; sporadic
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word