一直 (yī zhí) English Meaning
- straight (in a straight line)
- from the beginning of… up to…
- all along
Traditional Characters: 一直
一 forms words in:
直 forms words in:
Yīzhí wǎng qián zǒu.
Keep walking straight ahead.
Wǒ yīzhí xiǎngjiàn nǐ.
I’ve been wanting to see you.
Tā yīzhí xiǎng chéngmíng.
She has always been desirous of fame.
Wǒ yīzhí zài xiǎng nǐ.
I think of you all the time.
Tā yīzhí dōu quē qián.
He’s always short of money.
Stroke Order & Character Components
一 (yī): one (1); single; a (article); as soon as; entire; whole; all; throughout; 'one' radical in Chinese characters (Kangxi radical 1); also pronounced yāo for greater clarity when spelling out numbers digit by digit
- 一 (yī): one
直 (zhí): straight; to straighten; fair and reasonable; frank; straightforward; (indicates continuing motion or action); vertical; vertical downward stroke in Chinese characters
- 十(shí): ten
- 目(mù): eye
- 一(yī): one
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 一
- 一(yī): one; 1; single; a (article); as soon as; entire; whole; all; throughout; ‘one’ radical in Chinese characters (Kangxi radical 1)
- 一点儿(yī diǎn er): a little (bit)
- 第一(dì yī): first; number one
- 一下(yī xià): (used after a verb) give it a go; to do (something for a bit to give it a try); one time; once; in a while; all of a sudden; all at once
- 一起(yī qǐ): together; in the same place; with; altogether (in total)
- 一直(yī zhí): straight (in a straight line); continuously; always; from the beginning of… up to…; all along
- 一定(yí dìng): surely; certainly; necessarily; fixed; a certain (extent, etc.); given; particular; must
- 一共(yī gòng): altogether
- 一会儿(yī huì er): a while
- 一样(yī yàng): same; like; equal to; the same as; just like
- 一般(yī bān): ordinary; common; general; generally; in general; same
- 一边(yī biān): one side; either side; on the one hand; on the other hand; doing while
- 一切(yī qiè): everything; every; all
- 统一(tǒng yī): to unify; to unite; to integrate; unified
- 万一(wàn yī): just in case; if by any chance; contingency
- 唯一(wéi yī): sole; only
- 一辈子(yí bèi zi): (for) a lifetime
- 一旦(yí dàn): in case (something happens); if; once (something happens, then…); when; in a short time; in one day
- 一律(yí lǜ): uniformly; same; all; without exception
- 一再(yí zài): repeatedly
- 一致(yí zhì): unanimous; identical (views or opinions)
- 不屑一顾(bú xiè yī gù): to disdain as beneath contempt
- 一流(yī liú): top quality; front ranking
- 一如既往(yī rú jì wǎng): just as in the past (idiom); as before; continuing as always
- 一度(yí dù): for a time; at one time; one time; once
- 一贯(yí guàn): consistent; constant; from start to finish; all along; persistent
- 一目了然(yí mù liǎo rán): obvious at a glance (idiom)
- 一向(yí xiàng): all along; the whole time; constantly; earlier; lately
- 一帆风顺(yì fān fēng shùn): single sail, gentle wind (idiom); plain sailing; to go smoothly
- 一举两得(yì jǔ liǎng dé): one move, two gains (idiom); two birds with one stone
- 一丝不苟(yì sī bù gǒu): not one thread loose (idiom); strictly according to the rules; meticulous; not one hair out of place
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 直
- 一直(yī zhí): straight (in a straight line); continuously; always; from the beginning of.. up to..; all along
- 直接(zhí jiē): direct; opposite: indirect 间接; immediate; directly; straightforward
- 简直(jiǎn zhí): simply; at all; practically
- 直(zhí): directly; straight; to straighten; fair and reasonable; frank; straightforward; (indicates continuing motion or action); vertical; vertical downward stroke in Chinese characters
- 垂直(chuí zhí): perpendicular; vertical
- 理直气壮(lǐzhí qì zhuàng): in the right and self-confident (idiom); bold and confident with justice on one’s side; to have the courage of one’s convictions; just and forceful
- 直播(zhí bō): live broadcast (not recorded); direct internet broadcasting
- 直径(zhí jìng): diameter