一般 (yī bān) English Meaning
- in general
Traditional Characters: 一般
一 forms words in:
般 is only found in HSK 3.
Hánguó cài yībān dōu hěn là.
Korean food is generally very spicy.
Nánrén yībān dōu bǐ nǚrén qiángzhuàng.
Generally speaking, men are stronger than women.
Nǚxìng yībān bǐ nánxìng chángshòu shí nián.
Generally, women live 10 years longer than men.
Měiguó rén yībān dōu hěn xǐhuān hē kāfēi.
Generally speaking, Americans are very fond of coffee.
Yībān rènwéi chūguó lǚyóu kě zēng guǎng jiànwén.
It is generally thought that traveling abroad can enrich one’s knowledge.
Gǔ shí rènwéiyībān jīnshǔ néng biàn chéng huángjīn.
In ancient times it was thought that ordinary metal could be transmuted into gold.
Stroke Order & Character Components
一 (yī): one (1); single; a (article); as soon as; entire; whole; all; throughout; 'one' radical in Chinese characters (Kangxi radical 1); also pronounced yāo for greater clarity when spelling out numbers digit by digit
- 一 (yī): one
般 (bān): sort; kind; class; way; manner;
- 舟 (zhōu): boat
- 殳 (shū): weapon
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 一
- 一(yī): one; 1; single; a (article); as soon as; entire; whole; all; throughout; ‘one’ radical in Chinese characters (Kangxi radical 1)
- 一点儿(yī diǎn er): a little (bit)
- 第一(dì yī): first; number one
- 一下(yī xià): (used after a verb) give it a go; to do (something for a bit to give it a try); one time; once; in a while; all of a sudden; all at once
- 一起(yī qǐ): together; in the same place; with; altogether (in total)
- 一直(yī zhí): straight (in a straight line); continuously; always; from the beginning of… up to…; all along
- 一定(yí dìng): surely; certainly; necessarily; fixed; a certain (extent, etc.); given; particular; must
- 一共(yī gòng): altogether
- 一会儿(yī huì er): a while
- 一样(yī yàng): same; like; equal to; the same as; just like
- 一般(yī bān): ordinary; common; general; generally; in general; same
- 一边(yī biān): one side; either side; on the one hand; on the other hand; doing while
- 一切(yī qiè): everything; every; all
- 统一(tǒng yī): to unify; to unite; to integrate; unified
- 万一(wàn yī): just in case; if by any chance; contingency
- 唯一(wéi yī): sole; only
- 一辈子(yí bèi zi): (for) a lifetime
- 一旦(yí dàn): in case (something happens); if; once (something happens, then…); when; in a short time; in one day
- 一律(yí lǜ): uniformly; same; all; without exception
- 一再(yí zài): repeatedly
- 一致(yí zhì): unanimous; identical (views or opinions)
- 不屑一顾(bú xiè yī gù): to disdain as beneath contempt
- 一流(yī liú): top quality; front ranking
- 一如既往(yī rú jì wǎng): just as in the past (idiom); as before; continuing as always
- 一度(yí dù): for a time; at one time; one time; once
- 一贯(yí guàn): consistent; constant; from start to finish; all along; persistent
- 一目了然(yí mù liǎo rán): obvious at a glance (idiom)
- 一向(yí xiàng): all along; the whole time; constantly; earlier; lately
- 一帆风顺(yì fān fēng shùn): single sail, gentle wind (idiom); plain sailing; to go smoothly
- 一举两得(yì jǔ liǎng dé): one move, two gains (idiom); two birds with one stone
- 一丝不苟(yì sī bù gǒu): not one thread loose (idiom); strictly according to the rules; meticulous; not one hair out of place
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word