Yǒu jiè yǒu hái.
You should return what you borrow.
Qǐng jiè wǒ nǐ de dāo.
Please lend me your knife.
Jiè wǒ yīxiē shū kàn.
Lend me some books to read.
Wǒ néng jiè zhè běn shū ma?
May I borrow this book?
Nǐ néng jiè wǒ xiē qián ma?
Would you please lend me some money?
Zài nǎlǐ néng jiè dào chē?
Where can I borrow a car?
Stroke Order & Character Components
- 亻(rén): man
- 昔(xī): former times; the past; Taiwan pronunciation “xí”
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 借
- 借(jiè): to lend; to borrow; excuse; pretext; by means of; to seize (an opportunity); to take (an opportunity)
HSK 5 Word List
- 借口(jiè kǒu): to use as an excuse; on the pretext
HSK 6 Word List
- 借鉴(jiè jiàn): to use other people’s experience; to borrow from a source; to use as reference
- 借助(jiè zhù): to draw support from; with the help of