分 (fēn) English Meaning
- to divide
- to separate
- to distribute
- to allocate
- to distinguish (good and bad)
- part or subdivision
- one tenth (of certain units)
- unit of length equivalent to 0.33 cm
- a point (in sports or games)
- 0.01 yuan (unit of money)
Traditional Character: 分
This character forms words in:
Tā shèngrèn zhè fēn gōngzuò.
He was equal to the job.
Bǎ pīsà fēnchéng sān fēn.
Divide the pizza in three.
Qǐng bǎ pīsà fēnchéng sān fēn.
Please divide the pizza into three parts.
Shìfēi duì cuò bìng bù nán fēn.
It is easy to distinguish good from evil.
Zhè qián nǐ hé wǒ fēnle ba.
Let’s divide this money between you and me.
Wǒ dìngyuèle liǎng fēn bàozhǐ.
I subscribe to two newspapers.
Stroke Order & Character Components
- 八 (bā): eight / separate
- 刀 (dāo): knife
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 分
- 分钟 (fēn zhōng): minute
- 分 (fēn): to divide; to separate; to allocate; to distinguish (good and bad); part or subdivision; fraction; one-tenth (of certain units); unit of length equivalent to 0.33 cm; minute; a point (in sports or games); 0.01 yuan (unit of money)
- 百分之 (bǎi fēn zhī): percent
- 部分 (bù fen): part; share; section; piece; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 十分 (shí fēn): to divide into ten equal parts; very; hundred percent; completely; extremely; utterly; absolutely
- 成分 (chéng fèn): composition; make-up; ingredient; element; component; one’s social status; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 充分 (chōng fèn): full; abundant
- 分别 (fēn bié): to part or leave each other; to distinguish; difference; in different ways; differently; separately or individually
- 分布 (fēn bù): distributed; to distribute
- 分配 (fēn pèi): to assign; to allocate; to distribute
- 分手 (fēn shǒu): to part company; to split up; to break up
- 分析 (fēn xī): to analyze; analysis; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 过分 (guò fèn): excessive; undue; overly
- 处分 (chǔ fèn): to discipline somebody; to punish; disciplinary action; to deal with (a matter); CL: 個|个(gè)
- 分辨 (fēn biàn): to distinguish; to differentiate; to resolve; to defend against an accusation; to exculpate
- 分寸 (fēn cun): propriety; appropriate behavior; proper speech or action; within the norms
- 分红 (fēn hóng): a bonus; to award a bonus
- 分解 (fēn jiě): to resolve; to decompose; to break down
- 分裂 (fēn liè): to split up; to divide; to break up; fission
- 分泌 (fēn mì): secrete
- 分明 (fēn míng): clearly demarcated; sharply contoured
- 分歧 (fēn qí): difference (of opinion, position); bifurcation
- 分散 (fēn sàn): scatter; disperse; distribute
- 分量 (fèn liàng): weight; measure
- 划分 (huà fēn): to divide
- 区分 (qū fēn): to differentiate; to find differing aspects
- 万分 (wàn fēn): very much; extremely; one ten-thousandth part
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word