包 (bāo) English Meaning
- to cover
- to wrap
- to hold
- to include
- to take charge of
- to contract (to or for)
- to hold or embrace
Traditional Character: 包
This character forms words in:
Corresponding Classifiers|Measure Words:
Qiánbāo zài bāo lǐ.
The wallet is in the bag.
Qiánbāo zài bāo shàng.
The wallet is on the bag.
Nà shì wǒ de bāo.
This is my bag.
Zhè bùshì wǒ de bāo.
This isn’t my bag.
Nàgè bāo shì wǒ de.
That bag is mine.
Wǒ de bāo bèi tōule.
My bag was stolen.
Stroke Order & Character Components
- 勹 (bāo): to wrap
- 巳 (sì): 6th earthly branch: 9-11 a.m., 4th solar month (5th May-5th June), year of the Snake
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 包
- 包(bāo): to cover; to wrap; to hold; to include; to take charge of; package; wrapper; container; bag; to hold or embrace; bundle; packet; to contract (to or for); surname Bao; CL: 個|个(gè), 只(zhī)
- 面包(miàn bāo): bread; CL: 片(piàn), 袋(dài), 块(kuài)
- 包子(bāo zi): steamed stuffed bun; CL: 個|个(gè)
HSK 5 Word List
- 包裹(bāo guǒ): wrap up; bind up; bundle; parcel; package; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 包含(bāo hán): to contain; to embody; to include
- 包括(bāo kuò): to comprise; to include; to involve; to incorporate; to consist of
HSK 6 Word List
- 包庇(bāo bì): to shield; to harbor; to cover up
- 包袱(bāo fu): cloth-wrapper; a bundle wrapped in cloth; load; weight; burden
- 包围(bāo wéi): to surround; to encircle; to hem in
- 包装(bāo zhuāng): package; pack
- 承包(chéng bāo): to contract; to undertake (a job)
- 打包(dǎbāo): to wrap; to pack; to ask for a doggy bag (at a restaurant)
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word