Nǐ méi fāshāo.
You don’t have a fever.
Tāngmǔ méiyǒu fāshāo.
Tom doesn’t have a fever.
Tā fāshāo mǎn liǎn tōnghóng.
Fever flushed his cheeks.
Wǒ juédé nǐ yǒu fāshāo.
I think you have a fever.
Wǒ jīntiān yǒudiǎn fāshāo.
I have a slight fever today.
Stroke Order & Character Components
发 (fā): to send out; to show (one's feeling); to issue; to develop; to make a bundle of money; classifier for gunshots (rounds)
- 𠂇: hand
- 丶 (zhǔ): stroke
- 又 (yòu): still / hand
烧 (shāo): to burn; to cook; to stew; to bake; to roast; to boil (tea, water, etc.); fever
- 火 (huǒ): fire
- 戈 (gē): halberd
- 几 (jǐ): table
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 发
- 发(fā): to send out; to show (one’s feeling); to issue; to develop; classifier for gunshots (rounds)
- 发烧(fā shāo): have a high temperature (from illness); have a fever
- 发现(fā xiàn): to find; to discover
- 头发(tóu fa): hair (on the head)
- 出发(chū fā): to start out; to set off
- 发生(fā shēng): to happen; to occur; to take place; to break out
- 发展(fā zhǎn): development; growth; to develop; to grow; to expand
- 理发(lǐfà): a barber; hairdressing
- 沙发(shā fā): sofa; CL: 条(tiáo), 张(zhāng)
HSK 5 Word List
- 发表(fā biǎo): to publish; to issue; to put out; to issue (a statement);
- 发愁(fā chóu): to worry; to fret; to be anxious; to become sad
- 发达(fā dá): developed (country, etc.); flourishing; to develop
- 发抖(fā dǒu): to tremble; to shake; to shiver; to shudder; tremulous
- 发挥(fā huī): to display; to exhibit; to bring out implicit or innate qualities; to express (a thought or moral); to develop (an idea); to elaborate (on a theme)
- 发明(fā míng): to invent; invention; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 发票(fā piào): invoice; receipt or bill for purchase
- 发言(fā yán): to make a speech; statement; utterance
- 开发(kāi fā): exploit (a resource); open up (for development); to develop
- 启发(qǐfā): to enlighten; to explain and arouse interest; to inspire; inspiration; heuristic (attributively); to teach; CL: 個|个(gè)
HSK 6 Word List
- 颁发(bān fā): to issue; to promulgate; to award
- 爆发(bào fā): to break out; to erupt; to explode; to burst out
- 迸发(bèng fā): to burst out; to gush; to spurt
- 发布(fā bù): to release; to issue; to announce; to distribute; also written 發发布(fā bù)
- 发财(fā cái): to get rich
- 发呆(fā dāi): to daydream; lost in thought
- 发动(fā dòng): to start; to launch; to unleash; to mobilize; to arouse
- 发觉(fā jué): to find; to detect; to discover
- 发射(fā shè): to shoot (a projectile); to fire (a rocket); to launch; to emit (a particle); to discharge; emanation; emission
- 发誓(fā shì): to vow; to pledge; to swear
- 发行(fā xíng): to publish; to issue (stocks, currency, etc.); to release; to distribute (a film)
- 发炎(fā yán): inflamed from infection or injury; inflammation
- 发扬(fā yáng): to develop; to make full use of
- 发育(fā yù): to develop; growth; development
- 激发(jī fā): to arouse; to excite
- 批发(pī fā): wholesale; bulk trade; distribution
- 散发(sàn fā): distribute; emit; issue
- 蒸发(zhēng fā): to evaporate; evaporation
- 自发(zì fā): spontaneous
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word