向 (xiàng) English Meaning
- to face
- to turn towards
- to support
- to side with
- shortly before
- all along
Traditional Character: 向
This character forms words in:
Wǒmen zuì hǎo xiàng xī zǒu.
We’d better go in the westward direction.
Tā bǎ qiú zhì xiàng qiáng shàng.
He tossed the ball towards the wall.
Dài wǒ xiàng nǐ jiārén wènhǎo.
Say hello to your family for me.
Wǒmen yīnggāi xiàng qián rén xuéxí.
We should learn from those who have gone before us.
Huāyuán chéng huǎnpō xiàng hé biān qīngxié.
The garden sloped gently downwards towards the river.
Stroke Order & Character Components
- 丶 (zhǔ): stroke
- 冂 (jiōng): scope
- 口 (kǒu): mouth
- 冋 (jiōng): desert, border
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 向
- 向(xiàng): direction; orientation; to face; to turn toward; to; towards; shortly before; formerly; to side with; to be partial to; all along (previously); surname Xiang
- 方向(fāng xiàng): direction; orientation; path to follow; CL:個|个(gè)
HSK 6 Word List
- 导向(dǎo xiàng): to be oriented towards; orientation
- 倾向(qīng xiàng): trend; tendency; orientation
- 外向(wài xiàng): outward-looking; extrovert; extroverted (personality); export-oriented (economy)
- 向导(xiàng dǎo): guide
- 向来(xiàng lái): always; all along
- 向往(xiàng wǎng): to yearn for; to look forward to
- 欣欣向荣(xīn xīn xiàng róng): luxuriant growth (idiom); flourishing; thriving
- 一向(yí xiàng): all along; the whole time; constantly; earlier; lately
- 意向(yì xiàng): disposition
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word