Nǐ yuànyì bāngmáng ma?
Are you willing to help?
Tā yuànyì bāngzhù biérén.
He was willing to help others.
Tā yuànyì wèi biérén gōngzuò.
He was willing to work for others.
Nǐ yuànyì chéngdān zérèn ma?
Are you willing to accept responsibility?
Wǒ yuànyì cānjiā zhè chǎng huìyì.
I am willing to attend the meeting.
Stroke Order & Character Components
愿 (yuàn): to hope; to wish; to desire; hoped-for; ready; willing; sincere
- 原 (yuán): former; original; primary; raw; level; cause; source
- 心 (xīn): heart
意 (yì): idea; meaning; thought; to think; wish; desire; intention; to expect; to anticipate; Italy; Italian; abbreviation for 意大利(Yìdàlì)
- 音 (yīn): sound
- 心 (xīn): heart
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 愿
- 愿意 (yuàn yì): to wish; to want; ready; willing (to do something)
HSK 5 Word List
- 愿望 (yuàn wàng): wish ; desire; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 志愿者 (zhì yuàn zhě): volunteer
- 自愿 (zì yuàn): voluntary; of one’s own free will
HSK 6 Word List
- 宁愿 (nìng yuàn): would rather; better
- 心甘情愿 (xīn gān qíng yuàn ): delighted to (do something, idiom); perfectly happy to do; most willing to do
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 意
- 意思(yì si): idea; opinion; meaning; wish; desire; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 满意(mǎn yì): satisfied; pleased; to one’s satisfaction
- 同意(tóng yì): to agree; to consent; to approve
- 愿意(yuàn yì): to wish; to want; ready; willing (to do something)
- 注意(zhù yì): to take note of; to pay attention to
- 得意(dé yì): proud of oneself; pleased with oneself; complacent
- 故意(gù yì): deliberately; on purpose
- 生意(shēng yì): life force; vitality;
- 意见(yì jiàn): opinion; suggestion; idea; objection; complaint; CL: 点(diǎn), 条(tiáo)
- 主意(zhǔyi): plan; idea; decision; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 称心如意(chèn xīn rú yì): after one’s heart (idiom); gratifying and satisfactory; everything one could wish
- 大意(dà yì): general idea; main idea
- 乐意(lè yì): to be willing to do something; to be ready to do something; to be happy to do something; content; satisfied
- 任意(rèn yì): arbitrary; at will; at random
- 示意(shì yì): to hint; to indicate (an idea to somebody)
- 随意(suí yì): as one wishes; according to one’s wishes; at will; voluntary; conscious
- 特意(tè yì): specially; intentionally
- 玩意儿(wán yì r): toy; plaything; thing; act; trick (in a performance, stage show, acrobatics, etc.)
- 意料(yì liào): to anticipate; to expect; to reckon ahead
- 意识(yì shí): consciousness; awareness; consciously (i.e. deliberately); to be aware
- 意图(yì tú): intent; intention; intend; schematic diagram
- 意味着(yì wèi zhe): to signify; to mean; to imply
- 意向(yì xiàng): disposition
- 意志(yì zhì): will; willpower; determination; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 在意(zài yì): to care about; to mind
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word