Clean the room.
Jīn wǎn shéi yào dǎsǎo?
Who’s going to clean up tonight?
Wǒ bùyòng dǎsǎo fángjiān.
I don’t have to clean my room.
Wǒ gāi dǎsǎo fángjiān ma?
Must I clean the room?
Qǐng bāng wǒ dǎsǎo fángzi.
Please help me clean the house.
Nǐ gāi dǎsǎo nǐ de fángjiān.
You have to clean your room.
Stroke Order & Character Components
打 (dǎ): to beat; to strike; to hit; to break; to type; to mix up; to build; to fight; to fetch; to make; to tie up; to issue; to shoot; to calculate; to play (a game); since; from
- 扌 (shou): hand
- 丁 (dīng): fourth of the ten Heavenly Stems 十天干 (shí tiān gān); fourth in order; letter ‘D’ or roman ‘IV’ in list ‘A, B, C’, or ‘I, II, III’ etc; butyl; cubes (of food)
扫 (sǎo): to sweep
- 扌 (shou): hand
- 彐 (jì): snout
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 打
- 打电话 (dǎ diàn huà): to make a phone call
- 打篮球 (dǎ lán qiú): play basketball
- 打扮 (dǎ ban): to decorate; to dress; to make up; to adorn; manner of dressing; style of dress
- 打扰 (dǎ rǎo): to disturb; to bother; to trouble
- 打印 (dǎ yìn): to print; to seal; to stamp
- 打招呼 (dǎ zhāo hu): to greet sb by word or action; to give prior notice
- 打折 (dǎ zhé): to give a discount
- 打针 (dǎ zhēn): to give or have an injection
- 打包 (dǎ bāo): to wrap; to pack; to ask for a doggy bag (at a restaurant)
- 打官司 (dǎ guān si): to file a lawsuit; to sue; to dispute
- 打击 (dǎ jī): to hit; to strike; to attack; to crack down on sth; a setback; a blow; percussion (music)
- 打架 (dǎ jià): to fight; to scuffle; to come to blows; CL: 场 (cháng)
- 打量 (dǎ liang): to size sb up; to take measure of; to suppose; to reckon
- 打猎 (dǎ liè): to go hunting
- 打仗 (dǎ zhàng): to fight a battle; to go to war
- 精打细算 (jīng dǎ xì suàn): (saying) meticulous planning and careful accounting
- 殴打 (ōu dǎ): to beat up; to come to blows; battery (law)
- 无精打采 (wú jīng dǎ cǎi): dispirited and downcast (idiom); listless; in low spirits; washed out
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word