打算 (dǎ suàn) English Meaning
- to plan
- to intend
- to calculate
Traditional Characters: 打算
打 forms words in:
算 forms words in:
Corresponding Classifiers|Measure Words:
Nǐ dǎsuàn zěnme bàn?
What do you plan to do?
Nǐ dǎsuàn zuò shénme?
What do you plan to do?
Nǐ dǎsuàn chūguó ma?
Do you plan to go abroad?
Wǒ dǎsuàn mǎi liàng chē.
My plan is to buy a car.
Wǒ dǎsuàn qù nàlǐ.
I plan to go there.
Stroke Order & Character Components
打 (dǎ): to beat; to strike; to hit; to break; to type; to mix up; to build; to fight; to fetch; to make; to tie up; to issue; to shoot; to calculate; to play (a game); since; from
- 扌 (shou): hand
- 丁 (dīng): fourth of the ten Heavenly Stems 十天干 (shí tiān gān); fourth in order; letter ‘D’ or roman ‘IV’ in list ‘A, B, C’, or ‘I, II, III’ etc; butyl; cubes (of food)
算 (suàn): to regard as; to figure; to calculate; to compute
- ⺮ (shì): bamboo
- 目 (mù): eye
- 廾 (gǒng): two hands
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 打
- 打电话 (dǎ diàn huà): to make a phone call
- 打篮球 (dǎ lán qiú): play basketball
- 打扮 (dǎ ban): to decorate; to dress; to make up; to adorn; manner of dressing; style of dress
- 打扰 (dǎ rǎo): to disturb; to bother; to trouble
- 打印 (dǎ yìn): to print; to seal; to stamp
- 打招呼 (dǎ zhāo hu): to greet sb by word or action; to give prior notice
- 打折 (dǎ zhé): to give a discount
- 打针 (dǎ zhēn): to give or have an injection
- 打包 (dǎ bāo): to wrap; to pack; to ask for a doggy bag (at a restaurant)
- 打官司 (dǎ guān si): to file a lawsuit; to sue; to dispute
- 打击 (dǎ jī): to hit; to strike; to attack; to crack down on sth; a setback; a blow; percussion (music)
- 打架 (dǎ jià): to fight; to scuffle; to come to blows; CL: 场 (cháng)
- 打量 (dǎ liang): to size sb up; to take measure of; to suppose; to reckon
- 打猎 (dǎ liè): to go hunting
- 打仗 (dǎ zhàng): to fight a battle; to go to war
- 精打细算 (jīng dǎ xì suàn): (saying) meticulous planning and careful accounting
- 殴打 (ōu dǎ): to beat up; to come to blows; battery (law)
- 无精打采 (wú jīng dǎ cǎi): dispirited and downcast (idiom); listless; in low spirits; washed out
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 算
- 打算(dǎsuàn): to plan; to intend; to calculate; plan; intention; calculation; CL: 個|个(gè)
HSK 5 Word List
- 计算(jì suàn): to count; to calculate; to compute; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 总算(zǒng suàn): at long last; finally; on the whole
HSK 6 Word List
- 合算(hé suàn): worthwhile; be a good deal; be a bargain; reckon up; calculate
- 结算(jié suàn): to settle a bill; to close an account
- 精打细算(jīng dǎxì suàn): (saying) meticulous planning and careful accounting
- 算数(suàn shù): to count numbers; to keep to one’s word; to hold (i.e. to remain valid); to count (i.e. to be important)
- 预算(yù suàn): budget
- 运算(yùn suàn): (mathematical) operation