把 (bǎ) English Meaning
- to hold
- to contain
- to grasp
- to take hold of
- particle marking the following noun as a direct object
- classifier for objects with handle
- classifier for small objects: handful
Traditional Character: 把
This character forms words in:
Bǎ shuǐ shāo kāi.
Boil the water.
Bǎ jiàn gěi wǒ.
Give me the sword.
Bǎ sāizi bá diào.
Pull the plug out.
Bǎ zhězi yùn píng.
Press the pleats flat.
Bǎ yǎnjìng cā liàng.
Clean the glasses until they shine
Stroke Order & Character Components
- 扌 (shou): hand
- 巴 (bā): to long for; to wish; to cling to; to stick to; something that sticks; close to; next to; spread open; informal abbr. for bus 巴士(bā shì); bar (unit of pressure); nominalizing suffix on certain nouns, such as 尾巴(wěi ba), tail
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 把
- 把(bǎ): to hold; to contain; to grasp; to take hold of; a handle; particle marking the following noun as a direct object; classifier for objects with handle
HSK 5 Word List
- 把握(bǎwò): to grasp (also fig.); to seize; to hold; assurance; certainty; sure (of the outcome)
HSK 6 Word List
- 把关(bǎguān): to guard a pass; to check on something
- 把手(bǎshǒu): handle; grip; knob