放 (fàng) English Meaning
- to release
- to free
- to let go
- to put
- to place
- to let out
- to set off (fireworks)
Traditional Character: 放
This character forms words in:
Bǎ tā fàng jìnqù.
Put him in.
Zài nàlǐ fàng xiàlái.
Set it down there.
Bǎ shū fàng zài nàlǐ.
Put the book there.
Wǒ fàng kāile shéngzi.
I let go of the rope.
Ràng wǒmen fàng qīngsōng ba.
Let’s take it easy.
Bǎ dàn fàng rù fèishuǐ zhōng.
Put the egg into boiling water.
Stroke Order & Character Components
- 方 (fāng): square, direction
- 攵 (suī): to bump / hand
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 放
- 放(fàng): to release; to free; to let go; to put; to place; to let out; to set off (fireworks)
- 放心(fàng xīn): to set one’s mind at rest; to be at ease; to rest
- 放弃(fàng qì): to renounce; to abandon; to give up
- 放暑假(fàng shǔjià): take summer vacation
- 放松(fàng sōng): to loosen; to relax
HSK 5 Word List
- 播放(bō fàng): to broadcast; to transmit
- 开放(kāi fàng): to lift (a ban or restriction); to open to the outside world (politics); to open for public use; to come into bloom (of flowers)
HSK 6 Word List
- 放大(fàng dà): to enlarge; to magnify
- 放射(fàng shè): to radiate; radioactive
- 解放(jiě fàng): to liberate; to emancipate; liberation; refers to the Communists’ victory over the Nationalists in 1949; CL: 次(cì)
- 排放(pái fàng): emission; discharge; exhaust (gas, etc.)
- 释放(shì fàng): to release; to set free; to liberate (a prisoner); to discharge
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word