校长 (xiào zhǎng) English Meaning
- (college, university) president
Traditional Characters: 校長
校 forms words in:
长 forms words in:
Corresponding Classifiers|Measure Words:
Xiàozhǎng xùnchìle nàxiē nánshēng.
The headmaster gave the boys a scolding.
Xiàozhǎng biǎoyáng nán tóngxué fúzhuāng zhěngqí.
The headmaster praised the boys for their neat clothing.
Xiàozhǎng juédìng kāichú gāi shēng yǐ jǐng xiàoyóu.
The headmaster decided to make an example of the pupil by expelling him from school.
Xuéshēngmen jiàoxiāozhe yāoqiú jiàn xīn xiàozhǎng.
The students clamored to see the new president.
Stroke Order & Character Components
校 (xiào): school; military officer; CL: 所(suǒ)
- 木 (mù): tree
- 交 (jiāo): to hand over; to deliver; to pay (money); to turn over; to make friends; to intersect (lines)
长 (cháng): (cháng) length; long; forever; always; constantly (zhǎng) chief; head; elder; to grow; to develop; to increase; to enhance
长 (zhǎng): long
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 长
- 长(cháng): long; length
- 校长(xiào zhǎng): (college, university) president; headmaster; CL: 個|个(gè), 位(wèi),名(míng)
- 长(zhǎng): elder; senior; to grow; to develop; to come into being; to acquire; to enhance; to increase
- 长途(cháng tú): long distance
- 成长(chéng zhǎng): to mature; to grow; growth
- 生长(shēng zhǎng): to grow
- 延长(yán cháng): to prolong; to extend; to delay
- 长辈(zhǎng bèi): one’s elders; older generation
- 拔苗助长(bá miáo zhù zhǎng): to spoil things through excessive enthusiasm (idiom)
- 董事长(dǒng shì zhǎng): chairman of the board; chairman
- 漫长(màn cháng): very long; endless
- 擅长(shàn cháng): to be good at; to be expert in
- 特长(tè cháng): personal strength; one’s special ability or strong points
- 专长(zhuān cháng): specialty; special knowledge or ability
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word