生气 (shēng qì) English Meaning
- to get angry
- to be enraged
- to take offense
Traditional Characters: 生氣
生 forms words in:
气 forms words in:
Don’t get angry!
Tā fēicháng shēngqì.
He’s really angry.
Wǒ ràng tā shēngqì.
I made her angry.
Wǒmen dōu hěn shēngqì.
We’re all angry.
Zhè ràng wǒ hěn shēngqì.
This makes me very angry.
Nǐ wèishéme shēngqì?
Why are you angry?
Stroke Order & Character Components
生 (shēng): to be born; to give birth; life; to grow; raw; uncooked; student
- 生 (shēng): be born
气 (qì): gas; air; smell; weather; to make angry; to annoy; to get angry; vital energy; qi
- 一 (yī): one
- Unidentified strokes
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 生
- 先生(xiānsheng): Mister (Mr.); husband; doctor (dialect); teacher; CL: 個|个(gè), 位(wèi)
- 学生(xuésheng): student; school child
- 医生(yīshēng): doctor; CL: 個|个(gè), 位(wèi), 名(míng)
- 生气(shēngqì): angry; mad; offended; animated; to get angry; to be enraged; to take offense; animation
- 出生(chūshēng): to be born
- 发生(fāshēng): to happen; to occur; to take place; to break out
- 生活(shēnghuó): life; activity; to live; livelihood
- 生命(shēngmìng): life; living; biological; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 生意(shēngyì): life force; vitality;
- 卫生间(wèishēngjiān): bathroom; toilet; WC; CL:间(jiān)
- 产生(chǎnshēng): to arise; to come into being; to come about; to give rise to; to bring into being; to bring about; to produce; to engender; to generate; to appear; appearance; emergence; generation; production; yield
- 花生(huāshēng): peanut; groundnut; CL:粒(lì)
- 陌生(mòshēng): strange; unfamiliar
- 人生(rénshēng): human life
- 生产(shēngchǎn): to give birth to a child; parturition; to produce; manufacture
- 生动(shēngdòng): vivid; lively
- 生长(shēngzhǎng): to grow
- 诞生(dànshēng): to be born
- 生存(shēngcún): to exist; to survive
- 生机(shēngjī): opportunity to live; to reprieve from death; life force; vitality
- 生理(shēnglǐ): physiology
- 生疏(shēngshū): unfamiliar; strange; out of practice; not accustomed
- 生态(shēngtài): way of life; ecology
- 生物(shēngwù): organism; living creature; life form; biological; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 生效(shēngxiào): to take effect; to go into effect
- 生肖(shēngxiào): animal from the Chinese zodiac; one of the twelve animals symbolic of the earthly branches 地支(dìzhī)
- 生锈(shēngxiù): to rust; to grow rusty; to corrode; oxidization
- 生育(shēngyù): to bear; to give birth; to grow; to rear; to bring up (children)
- 天生(tiānshēng): innate; natural
- 维生素(wéishēngsù): vitamin
- 自力更生(zìlìgēngshēng): regeneration through one’s own effort (idiom); self-reliance
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 气
- 生气 (shēng qì): angry; mad; offended; animated; to get angry; to be enraged; to take offense; animation
- 喘气 (chuǎn qì): to breathe deeply; to pant
- 风气 (fēng qì): general mood; atmosphere; common practice
- 服气 (fú qì): to be convinced; to accept
- 福气 (fú qi): good fortune; to enjoy good fortune
- 和气 (hé qi): friendly; polite; amiable
- 娇气 (jiāo qì): delicate; squeamish; finicky
- 口气 (kǒu qì): tone of voice; the way one speaks; manner of expression; tone
- 理直气壮 (lǐ zhí qì zhuàng): in the right and self-confident (idiom); bold and confident with justice on one’s side; to have the courage of one’s convictions; just and forceful
- 气概 (qì gài): lofty quality; mettle; spirit
- 气功 (qì gōng): qigong, a system of deep breathing exercises
- 气魄 (qì pò): spirit; boldness; positive outlook; imposing attitude
- 气色 (qì sè): complexion
- 气势 (qì shì): momentum; manner; energy; look of great force or imposing manner; powerful
- 气味 (qì wèi): odor; scent
- 气象 (qì xiàng): meteorological feature; CL:个 (gè); meteorology; atmosphere or scene
- 气压 (qì yā): atmospheric pressure; barometric pressure
- 气质 (qì zhí): temperament; personality traits; manners
- 神气 (shén qì): expression; manner; spirited; vigorous
- 叹气 (tàn qì): to sigh; to heave a sigh
- 天然气 (tiān rán qì): natural gas
- 泄气 (xiè qì): discouraged; dejected; demoralized; despairing; to want to give up; to deflate (air from a tyre)
- 氧气 (yǎng qì): oxygen
- 朝气蓬勃 (zhāo qì péng bó): full of youthful energy (idiom); vigorous; energetic; a bright spark
- 争气 (zhēng qì): to work hard for sth; to resolve on improvement; determined not to fall short
- 正气 (zhèng qì): healthy environment; healthy atmosphere; righteousness; vital energy (in Chinese medicine)
- 志气 (zhì qì): ambition; resolve; backbone; drive; spirit
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word