用 (yòng) English Meaning
- to use
- to employ
- to have to
- to eat or drink
- expense or outlay
Traditional Character: 用
This character forms words in:
Kuàizi zěnme yòng?
How do I use chopsticks?
Yòng yuánguī huà yuán.
Use your compass to draw a circle.
Nǐ yòng duōshǎo táng?
How much sugar do you use?
Wǒmen yòng kǒu jìnshí.
We eat with our mouths.
Yòng jiǎndāo jiǎn túpiàn.
Use scissors to cut out the pictures.
Wǒ qián yǐjīng yòng wánliǎo.
I have run out of money.
Stroke Order & Character Components
用 (yòng): to use; to employ; to have to; to eat or drink; expense or outlay; usefulness; hence; therefore
- 用(yòng): to use
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 用
- 信用卡(xìn yòng kǎ): credit card
- 用(yòng): to use; to employ; to have to; to eat or drink; expense or outlay; usefulness; hence; therefore
- 使用(shǐyòng): to use; to employ; to apply; to make use of
- 作用(zuò yòng): to act on; to affect; action; function; activity; impact; result; effect; purpose; intent; to play a role; corresponds to English -ity, -ism, -ization; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 利用(lì yòng): exploit; make use of; to use; to take advantage of; to utilize
- 日用品(rì yòng pǐn): articles for daily use; CL: 件(jiàn), 個|个(gè)
- 实用(shí yòng): practical; functional; pragmatic; applied (science)
- 应用(yìng yòng): to use; to apply; application; applicable
- 用功(yòng gōng): to study hard; industrious (in one’s studies); to make great effort; diligent
- 用途(yòng tú): use; application
- 运用(yùn yòng): to use; to put to use
- 耐用(nài yòng): durable
- 通用(tōng yòng): common (use); interchangeable
- 引用(yǐn yòng): to quote; to cite; to recommend; to appoint
- 用户(yòng hù): user; consumer; subscriber; customer
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word