Nǐ jìdé ma?
Do you remember?
Nǐ jìdé wǒ me?
Do you remember me?
Wǒ jìdé suǒ ménle.
I remember locking the door.
Wǒ jìdé jìle xìn.
I remember mailing the letter.
Wǒ jìdé jiànguò tā.
I remember seeing him.
Wǒ jìdé dì yī cì.
I remember the first time.
Stroke Order & Character Components
记 (jì): to record; to note; to remember; mark; sign; classifier for blows, kicks, shots
- 讠(yán): speech
- 己(jǐ): personal
得 (dé): to obtain; to get; to gain; to catch (a disease); proper; suitable; proud; contented; to allow; to permit; ready; finished
- 彳 (chì): walk around
- 旦 (dàn): dawn; morning; day-break; day
- 寸 (cùn): thumb
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 记
HSK 5 Word List
- 登记(dēng jì): to register (one’s name); to check in; enter one’s name
- 记录(jì lù): to take notes; keep the minutes; record; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 记忆(jì yì): memories; remember; memory; CL: 個|个(gè)
HSK 6 Word List
- 标记(biāo jì): sign; mark; symbol; to mark up
- 惦记(diàn jì): remember with concern; worry about
- 记性(jì xing): memory; recall
- 记载(jì zǎi): write down; record; written account
- 书记(shū ji): secretary; clerk; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 传记(zhuàn jì): biography; CL: 篇(piān), 部(bù)
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 得
- 得(de): structural particle: used after a verb (or adjective as main verb), linking it to following phrase indicating effect, degree, possibility, etc.
- 觉得(jué de): to think; to feel
- 记得(jì de): to remember
- 不得不(bù dé bù): have no choice or option but to; cannot but; have to; can’t help it; can’t avoid
- 得(dé): to have to, to need to (particle used to express capability, possibility, degree, effect…); must; ought to; to need to
- 得意(dé yì): proud of oneself; pleased with oneself; complacent
- 获得(huò dé): to obtain; to receive; to get
- 来得及(lái de jí): there’s still time; able to do something in time
- 值得(zhí de): to be worth; to deserve
- 不见得(bú jiàn de): not necessarily; not likely
- 不得了(bù dé liǎo): disastrous; desperately serious; extremely; exceedingly
- 怪不得(guài bu de): you can’t blame it!; no wonder!; so that’s why!
- 舍不得(shě bu de): to hate to do something; to hate to part with; to begrudge
- 显得(xiǎn de): to seem; to look; to appear
- 巴不得(bā bù dé): to be eager for; to long for; to look forward to
- 不得已(bù dé yǐ): act against one’s will; have no alternative but to; have to; to have no choice; must
- 不由得(bù yóu de): can’t help; cannot but
- 得不偿失(dé bù cháng shī): (saying) the gains do not make up for the losses
- 得力(dé lì): able; capable; competent; efficient
- 得天独厚(dé tiān dú hòu): (of an area) rich in resources; (of a person) gifted or able (idiom)
- 得罪(dé zuì): to commit an offense; to violate the law; excuse me! (formal); see also 得得罪(dé zui)
- 恨不得(hèn bu dé): wishing one could do something; to hate to be unable; itching to do something; can’t wait for; to wish one could do something; to desire strongly
- 免得(miǎn de): so as not to; so as to avoid
- 难得(nán dé): seldom; rare; hard to come by
- 心得(xīn dé): knowledge gained; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 一举两得(yì jǔliǎng dé): one move, two gains (idiom); two birds with one stone
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word