讲 (jiǎng) English Meaning
- to speak
- to explain
- to negotiate
- to emphasise
- to be particular about
- as far as sth is concerned
Traditional Character: 講
This character forms words in:
Qǐng jiǎng màn yīdiǎn.
Please speak a little more slowly.
Tā jiǎng fǎyǔ ma?
Does she speak French?
Gēn wǒ jiǎng jiǎng nà jiàn shì.
Tell me about it!
Tā zàijiā bù jiǎng rìyǔ.
She doesn’t speak Japanese at home.
Jiǎng wàiyǔ shì bù róngyì de.
Speaking foreign languages is not easy.
Stroke Order & Character Components
- 讠(yán): speech
- 井(jǐng): Jing, one of the 28 constellations of Chinese astronomy; surname Jing
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 讲
- 讲(jiǎng): to explain; to speak; to negotiate; to emphasise; to be particular about; as far as something is concerned; speech; lecture
HSK 5 Word List
- 讲究(jiǎng jiu): to pay particular attention to; exquisite; aesomethingetic
- 讲座(jiǎng zuò): a course of lectures; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 演讲(yǎn jiǎng): lecture; to make a speech