Qǐfēi bǐ jiàngluò róngyì.
Taking off is easier than landing.
Fēijī shí fēnzhōng hòu qǐfēi.
The plane takes off in ten minutes.
Zhè bān fēijī zhǔnshí qǐfēi.
The airplane took off on time.
Nǐ cāi fēijī hé shí yào qǐfēi?
When do you guess the airplane will take off?
Fēijī jiàng zài yī xiǎoshíhòu qǐfēi.
The plane will take off in one hour.
Fēijī qǐfēi de shí hòu wǒ hěn jǐnzhāng.
I was very nervous as the plane took off.
Stroke Order & Character Components
起 (qǐ): to rise; to raise; to get up; to set out; to start; to appear; to launch; to initiate (action); to draft; to establish; to get (from a depot or counter); verb suffix, to start; (before place or time) starting from; classifier for occurrences or unpredictable events: case, instance; classifier for groups: batch, group
- 走 (zǒu): to walk
- 己 (jǐ): personal
飞 (fēi): to fly
飞 (fēi): to fly
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 起
- 对不起 (duì bu qǐ): I’m sorry; excuse me; pardon me; if you please; sorry? (please repeat); unworthy; to let down
- 起飞 (qǐ fēi): to take off (in an airplane)
- 起来 (qǐ lái): beginning or continuing an action; upward movement; stand up
- 引起 (yǐn qǐ): to give rise to; to lead to; to cause; to arouse
- 起草 (qǐ cǎo): draft (a bill); draw up (plans)
- 起初 (qǐ chū): originally; at first; at the outset
- 起伏 (qǐ fú): to move up and down; to undulate; ups and downs
- 起哄 (qǐ hòng): to heckle; rowdy jeering; to create a disturbance
- 起码 (qǐ mǎ): at the minimum; at the very least
- 起源 (qǐ yuán): origin; to originate; to come from
- 掀起 (xiān qǐ): to lift; to raise in height; to begin; upsurge; to set off (a campaign)