过 (guò) English Meaning
- to cross
- to go over
- to pass (time)
- (experienced action marker)
- to celebrate (a holiday)
- to live
- to get along
Traditional Character: 過
This character forms words in:
Kěn tiàoguòle qiáng.
Ken jumped over the wall.
Tā bèi chē niǎ.Guò le.
He was run over by a car.
Nǐ céngjīng jiéguò hūn ma?
Did you ever get married?
Tā bèi chēzi niǎnguòle.
She was run over by a car.
Chéng chuánguò hǎi fēicháng shūfú.
It is very pleasant to cross the ocean by ship.
Stroke Order & Character Components
过 (guò): to cross; to go over; to pass (time); (experienced action marker); to celebrate (a holiday); to live; to get along; excessively; too-
- 辶 (chuò): brisk walking
- 寸 (cùn): thumb
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 过
- 过(guo): (used after a verb) to indicate the completion of an action
- 过(guò): to cross; to go over; to pass (time); to get along
- 过去(guò qu): (in the) past; former; previous; to go over; to pass by
- 经过(jīng guò): to pass; to go through; process; course; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 难过(nán guò): feel sorry; be grieved
- 不过(bú guò): only; merely; no more than; but; however; anyway (to get back to a previous topic)
- 超过(chāo guò): to surpass; to exceed; to outstrip
- 过程(guò chéng): course of events; process; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 通过(tōng guò): to pass through; to get through; by means of; through; via; to adopt; to pass (a bill); to switch over
- 度过(dù guò): to spend; to pass: to get through; to survive
- 过分(guò fèn): excessive; undue; overly
- 过敏(guò mǐn): to be allergic; allergy
- 过期(guò qī): to be overdue; to exceed the time limit; to expire (as in expiration date)
- 过度(guò dù): excessive; over-; excess; going too far; extravagant; intemperate; overdue
- 过渡(guò dù): to cross over (by ferry); transition; interim; caretaker (administration)
- 过奖(guò jiǎng): to over-praise; to flatter
- 过滤(guò lǜ): to filter; filter
- 过失(guò shī): defect; fault
- 过问(guò wèn): to show an interest in; to get involved with
- 过瘾(guò yǐn): to satisfy a craving; to get a kick out of something; gratifying; immensely enjoyable; satisfying; fulfilling
- 过于(guò yú): too much; excessively
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word