Wǒmen méi chídào.
We’re not late.
Tā hěn shǎo chídào.
She is rarely late.
Méiyǒu rén chídào.
No one was late.
Nǐ wèishéme chídào?
Why were you late?
Qǐng yuánliàng wǒ chídào.
Please forgive me for being late.
Tā hěn róngyì chídào.
He is apt to be late.
Stroke Order & Character Components
迟 (chí): late; delayed; slow;
- 辶 (chuò): brisk walking
- 尺 (chǐ): a Chinese foot; one-third of a meter; a ruler; a tape-measure; one of the three acupoints for measuring pulse in Chinese medicine; CL: 支(zhī), 把(bǎ)
到 (dào): to (a place); until (a time); up to; to go; to arrive; (verb complement denoting completion or result of an action)
- 至 (zhì): to reach
- 刂 (dāo): knife
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 迟
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 到
- 到(dào): to (a place); until (a time); up to; to go; to arrive
- 到处(dào chù): in all places; everywhere
- 到底(dào dǐ): finally; in the end; when all is said and done; after all; to the end; to the last
- 受到(shòu dào): to suffer; obtained; given; to receive
- 报到(bào dào): to check in; to report for duty; to register
- 达到(dá dào): to reach; to achieve; to attain
- 到达(dào dá): to reach; to arrive
- 周到(zhōu dao): thoughtful; considerate; attentive; thorough