重要 (zhòng yào) English Meaning
Traditional Characters: 重要
重 forms words in:
要 forms words in:
Cèhuà hěn zhòngyào.
The plot is important!
Zhè shìgè zhòngyào shìjiàn.
This is an important event.
Jiànkāng bǐ cáifù zhòngyào.
Health is more important than wealth.
Shuǐ duì rén shì hěn zhòngyào de.
Water is important for people.
Zhè duì wǒ lái shuō hěn zhòngyào.
This is very important to me.
Stroke Order & Character Components
重 (zhòng): heavy; serious; to attach importance to
- 千 (qiān): thousand
- 里 (lǐ): neighborhood
要 (yào): to demand; to request; to coerce
- 覀 (xī): lid
- 女 (nǚ): woman
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 重
- 重要 (zhòng yào): important; significant; major
- 重新 (chóng xīn): again; once more; re-
- 严重 (yán zhòng): serious; severe; critical; grave
- 重 (zhòng): heavy; serious
- 重点 (zhòng diǎn): emphasis; focal point; priority; key; with the emphasis on; focusing on
- 重视 (zhòng shì): to attach importance to something; to value
- 尊重 (zūn zhòng): esteem; respect; to honor; to value something
- 重复 (chóng fù): to repeat; to duplicate; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 重大 (zhòng dà): important; great; major; significant
- 重量 (zhòng liàng): weight; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 保重 (bǎo zhòng): to take care of oneself
- 比重 (bǐzhòng): proportion; specific gravity
- 沉重 (chén zhòng): heavy; hard; serious; critical
- 重叠 (chóng dié): to overlap; to superimpose; to telescope; to run together; to duplicate; one over another; superposition; an overlap; redundancy; reduplication (in Chinese grammar, e.g. 散散步 (sàn sàn bù) to have a stroll)
- 举足轻重 (jǔzú qīng zhòng): a foot’s move sways the balance (idiom); to hold the balance of power; to play the decisive role
- 隆重 (lóng zhòng): grand; prosperous; ceremonious; solemn
- 任重道远 (rèn zhòng dào yuǎn): a heavy load and a long road; fig. to bear heavy responsibilities through a long struggle (cf Confucian Analects, 8.7)
- 慎重 (shèn zhòng): cautious; careful; prudent
- 郑重 (zhèng zhòng): serious
- 重心 (zhòng xīn): center of gravity; central core; main part
- 注重 (zhù zhòng): to pay attention to; to emphasize
- 庄重 (zhuāng zhòng): grave; solemn; dignified
- 着重 (zhuó zhòng): put emphasis on; to stress; to emphasize
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 要
- 要(yào): to want; will; going to (as future auxiliary); important; vital; may; must
- 需要(xū yào): to need; to want; to demand; needs; to require
- 要求(yāo qiú): to request; to require; to stake a claim; to ask; to demand; CL: 点(diǎn)
- 重要(zhòng yào): important; significant; major
- 主要(zhǔ yào): main; principal; major; primary
- 必要(bì yào): necessary; essential; indispensable; required
- 不要紧(bú yào jǐn): unimportant; not serious; it doesn’t matter; never mind; it looks all right; but
- 次要(cì yào): secondary
- 要不(yào bù): otherwise; or; or else; how about…? (one choice or the other); either this, or else…
- 纪要(jì yào): minutes; written summary of a meeting
- 简要(jiǎn yào): concise; brief
- 首要(shǒu yào): the most important; of chief importance
- 要点(yào diǎn): main point; essential
- 要命(yào mìng): to cause somebody’s death; very; extremely; frightening; annoying
- 要素(yào sù): essential factor; key constituent
- 摘要(zhāi yào): summary; abstract
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word