交 (jiāo) English Meaning
- to hand over
- to deliver
- to pay (money)
- to turn over
- to make friends
- to intersect (lines)
Traditional Character: 交
This character forms words in:
Bǎ shūmù tíyào jiāo shàng.
Hand in a bibliography of your sources.
Wǒ jīntiān bìxū jiāo bàogào.
I must hand in the report today.
Wǒmen hé jiǎn jiāole péngyǒu.
We befriended Jane.
Bǎ nǐmen de juàn zǐ jiāo shànglái.
Hand in your examination papers.
Tā diǎndàngle jīn biǎo yòng yǐ jiāo zū.
He pawned his gold watch to pay the rent.
Jiāo zuòyè qián yào zǐxì jiǎnchá yīxià.
Go over your work carefully before you hand it in.
Stroke Order & Character Components
交 (jiāo): to hand over; to deliver; to pay (money); to turn over; to make friends; to intersect (lines)
- 亠 (tóu): shelter, head
- 父 (fù): father
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 交
- 交 (jiāo): to hand over; to deliver; to pay (money); to turn over; to make friends; to intersect (lines)
- 交流 (jiāo liú): exchange; give-and-take; to exchange; to alternate; communication; alternating current (electricity)
- 交通 (jiāo tōng): traffic; communications; liaison; to be connected
- 打交道 (dǎ jiāo dào): to come into contact with; to have dealings
- 交换 (jiāo huàn): to exchange; to swap; to switch (telecom); commutative (math); to commute
- 交际 (jiāo jì): communication; social intercourse
- 交往 (jiāo wǎng): to associate; to contact; association; contact
- 外交 (wài jiāo): diplomacy; diplomatic; foreign affairs; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 成交 (chéng jiāo): to complete a contract; to reach a deal
- 交叉 (jiāo chā): to cross; to intersect
- 交代 (jiāo dài): to hand over; to explain; to make clear; to brief (somebody); to account for; to justify oneself; to confess; to finish (colloquial)
- 交涉 (jiāo shè): to negotiate; relating to
- 交易 (jiāo yì): (business) transaction; business deal; CL: 笔(bǐ)
- 立交桥 (lì jiāo qiáo): overpass; flyover
- 杂交 (zá jiāo): a hybrid
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word