Tā yǐ xiězuò wéi shēng.
He lives by his pen.
Tā yǐ jiāoshū wéi shēng.
She lives by teaching.
Yǐ wúqióng shù chéng y.
Multiply y by infinity.
Tā yǐ xíngqǐ wéi shēng.
He lives by begging.
Tā yǐ yīnyuè jiàncháng.
He is good at music.
Lúndūn yǐ wùzhe míng.
London is famous for its fog.
Stroke Order & Character Components
以 (yǐ): to use; by means of; according to; in order to; because of; at (a certain date or place)
- レ: *
- 丶 (zhǔ): stroke
- 人 (rén): man
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 以
- 以前(yǐqián): before; formerly; previous; ago
- 以(yǐ): to use as; according to; because of
- 以为(yǐwéi): to believe; to think; to consider; to be under the impression
- 全力以赴(quán lì yǐfù): do at all costs; make an all-out effort
- 以便(yǐbiàn): so that; so as to; in order to
- 以免(yǐmiǎn): in order to avoid; so as not to
- 以往(yǐwǎng): in the past; formerly
- 以至(yǐzhì): down to; up to; to such an extent as to… (also written 以至以至于 [Yǐzhì yǐzhìyú])
- 以致(yǐzhì): to such an extent as to; down to; up to
- 足以(zú yǐ): sufficient to…; so much so that; so that
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word