Tā shì zuòjiā.
He is an author.
Tā shì yīgè yōuxiù de zuòjiā.
He’s an excellent author.
Zhè shì měiguó zuòjiā xiě de jùběn.
This is a play written by an American author.
Dígèngsī shì tā zuì xǐhuān de zuòjiā,
Dickens is his favorite author.
Tā shì yīgè yīshēng hé yīgè zuòjiā.
He is a doctor and an author.
Géléi è mǔ gélín shì wǒ zuì xǐhuān de zuòjiā.
Graham Greene is my favorite author.
Stroke Order & Character Components
作 (zuò): to do; to grow; to write or compose; to pretend; to regard as; to feel; writings or works
- 亻 (rén): man
- 乍 (zhà): at first; suddenly; abruptly; to spread; (of hair) to stand on end; bristling
家 (jiā): home; family; (polite) my (sister, uncle, etc.); classifier for families or businesses; refers to the philosophical schools of pre-Han China; noun suffix for a specialist in some activity, such as a musician or revolutionary, corresponding to English -ist, -er, -ary or -ian; CL:個|个(gè)
- 宀 (mián): roof
- 豕 (chù): pig
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 作
- 工作(gōng zuò): job; work; construction; task; CL: 個|个(gè), 份(fèn), 项|項(xiàng)
- 作业(zuò yè): school assignment; homework; work; task; operation; to operate; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 动作(dòng zuò): movement; motion; action; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 作家(zuò jiā): author; CL: 個|个(gè), 位(wèi)
- 作用(zuò yòng): to act on; to affect; action; function; activity; impact; result; effect; purpose; intent; to play a role; corresponds to English -ity, -ism, -ization; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 作者(zuò zhě): writer; author; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 合作(hé zuò): to cooperate; to collaborate; to work together; cooperation; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 写作(xiě zuò): writing; written works
- 制作(zhì zuò): to make; to manufacture
- 作品(zuò pǐn): work (of art); opus; CL: 部(bù), 篇(piān)
- 作为(zuò wéi): one’s conduct; deed; activity; accomplishment; achievement; to act as; as (in the capacity of); qua; to view as; to look upon (something as); to take something to be
- 作文(zuò wén): to write an essay; composition (student essay); CL: 篇(piān)
- 操作(cāo zuò): to work; to operate; to manipulate
- 创作(chuàng zuò): to create; to produce; to write; creative work; creation; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 著作(zhù zuò): to write; literary work; book; article; writings; CL:部(bù)
- 作弊(zuò bì): to practice fraud; to cheat; to engage in corrupt practices
- 作废(zuò fèi): to become invalid; to cancel; to delete; to nullify
- 作风(zuò fēng): style of work; way; style
- 作息(zuò xī): work and rest
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 家
- 家(jiā): home; family; classifier for families or businesses; refers to the philosophical schools of pre-Han China; noun suffix for specialists in some activity such as musician or revolutionary, corresponds to English -ist, -er, -ary or -ian; surname Jia; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 大家(dà jiā): everyone
- 国家(guó jiā): country; nation; state; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 家庭(jiā tíng): family; household; CL:户(hù), 個|个(gè)
- 家务(jiā wù): household duties; housework
- 家乡(jiā xiāng): hometown; native place; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 专家(zhuān jiā): expert; specialist; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 家常(jiā cháng): the daily life of a family
- 家伙(jiā huo): household dish, implement or furniture; domestic animal; guy (slang); chap
- 家属(jiā shǔ): family member; (family) dependent
- 家喻户晓(jiā yù hù xiǎo): understood by everyone (idiom); well known; a household name
- 人家(rén jia): other; other people; him(her, them); I
- 儒家(rú jiā): Confucianism; Confucian school, founded by Confucius 孔子(Kǒng zǐ) (551-479 BC) and Mencius 孟子(Mèng zǐ) (c. 372-c. 289 BC)
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word