Nà zhídé kǎolǜ.
That’s worth considering.
Zhè zhēn de zhídé ma?
Is it really worth it?
Wǒmen zhídé yǒngyǒu.
Because we’re worth it.
Jīngdū zhídé yóulǎn.
Kyoto is worth visiting.
Jílóngpō zhídé yī yóu.
Kuala Lumpur is worth visiting.
Xué yīngwén shì zhídé de.
It is worth while to learn English.
Stroke Order & Character Components
值 (zhí): value; (to be) worth; to happen to; to be on duty
- 亻 (rén): man
- 直 (zhí): straight; to straighten; fair and reasonable; frank; straightforward; (indicates continuing motion or action); vertical; vertical downward stroke in Chinese characters
得 (dé): to obtain; to get; to gain; to catch (a disease); proper; suitable; proud; contented; to allow; to permit; ready; finished
- 彳 (chì): walk around
- 旦 (dàn): dawn; morning; day-break; day
- 寸 (cùn): thumb
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 得
- 得(de): structural particle: used after a verb (or adjective as main verb), linking it to following phrase indicating effect, degree, possibility, etc.
- 觉得(jué de): to think; to feel
- 记得(jì de): to remember
- 不得不(bù dé bù): have no choice or option but to; cannot but; have to; can’t help it; can’t avoid
- 得(dé): to have to, to need to (particle used to express capability, possibility, degree, effect…); must; ought to; to need to
- 得意(dé yì): proud of oneself; pleased with oneself; complacent
- 获得(huò dé): to obtain; to receive; to get
- 来得及(lái de jí): there’s still time; able to do something in time
- 值得(zhí de): to be worth; to deserve
- 不见得(bú jiàn de): not necessarily; not likely
- 不得了(bù dé liǎo): disastrous; desperately serious; extremely; exceedingly
- 怪不得(guài bu de): you can’t blame it!; no wonder!; so that’s why!
- 舍不得(shě bu de): to hate to do something; to hate to part with; to begrudge
- 显得(xiǎn de): to seem; to look; to appear
- 巴不得(bā bù dé): to be eager for; to long for; to look forward to
- 不得已(bù dé yǐ): act against one’s will; have no alternative but to; have to; to have no choice; must
- 不由得(bù yóu de): can’t help; cannot but
- 得不偿失(dé bù cháng shī): (saying) the gains do not make up for the losses
- 得力(dé lì): able; capable; competent; efficient
- 得天独厚(dé tiān dú hòu): (of an area) rich in resources; (of a person) gifted or able (idiom)
- 得罪(dé zuì): to commit an offense; to violate the law; excuse me! (formal); see also 得得罪(dé zui)
- 恨不得(hèn bu dé): wishing one could do something; to hate to be unable; itching to do something; can’t wait for; to wish one could do something; to desire strongly
- 免得(miǎn de): so as not to; so as to avoid
- 难得(nán dé): seldom; rare; hard to come by
- 心得(xīn dé): knowledge gained; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 一举两得(yì jǔliǎng dé): one move, two gains (idiom); two birds with one stone
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word