Tā chūfā qù jiānádàle.
He has set out for Canada.
Tāmen chūfā qù yěcānle.
They set out on a picnic.
Tā jīngshén dǒusǒu zhǔnbèi chūfā.
He’s full of spirit and ready to start.
Wǒmen chī wán zǎocān jiù chūfā ba.
We shall start after breakfast.
Shénme shíhòu chūfā zuì fāngbiàn nǐ?
When is it most convenient for you to start?
Tā juédìng [fǎnduì] jǐnzǎo chūfā.
He resolved on [against] making an early start.
Stroke Order & Character Components
出 (chū): to go out; to come out; to occur; to produce; to go beyond; to rise; to put forth; to happen; classifier for dramas, plays, operas, etc.
- 凵 (qiǎn): container
- 丨 (gǔn): line
发 (fā): to send out; to show (one's feeling); to issue; to develop; to make a bundle of money; classifier for gunshots (rounds)
- 𠂇: hand
- 丶 (zhǔ): stroke
- 又 (yòu): still / hand
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 出
- 出租车 (chū zū chē): taxi
- 出 (chū): to go out; to come out; to occur; to produce; to go beyond; to rise; to put forth; to happen; classifier for dramas, plays, operas, etc.
- 出版 (chū bǎn): to publish; to come off the press; to put out
- 出口 (chū kǒu): an exit; to speak; to export; (of a ship) to leave port; CL:个 (gè)
- 出色 (chū sè): remarkable; outstanding
- 出示 (chū shì): to show; to take out and show to others; to display;
- 出席 (chū xí): to attend; to participate; present
- 突出 (tū chū): prominent; outstanding; to give prominence to; to protrude; to project
- 层出不穷 (céng chū bù qióng): more and more emerge; innumerable succession; breeding like flies (idiom)
- 出路 (chū lù): a way out (of a difficulty etc)
- 出卖 (chū mài): to offer for sale; to sell; to sell out or betray
- 出身 (chū shēn): family background; class origin
- 出神 (chū shén): entranced; Trance (music genre)
- 出息 (chū xi): promise; prospects; future
- 杰出 (jié chū): outstanding; distinguished; remarkable; prominent; illustrious
- 支出 (zhī chū): to spend; to pay out; expense
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 发
- 发(fā): to send out; to show (one’s feeling); to issue; to develop; classifier for gunshots (rounds)
- 发烧(fā shāo): have a high temperature (from illness); have a fever
- 发现(fā xiàn): to find; to discover
- 头发(tóu fa): hair (on the head)
- 出发(chū fā): to start out; to set off
- 发生(fā shēng): to happen; to occur; to take place; to break out
- 发展(fā zhǎn): development; growth; to develop; to grow; to expand
- 理发(lǐfà): a barber; hairdressing
- 沙发(shā fā): sofa; CL: 条(tiáo), 张(zhāng)
HSK 5 Word List
- 发表(fā biǎo): to publish; to issue; to put out; to issue (a statement);
- 发愁(fā chóu): to worry; to fret; to be anxious; to become sad
- 发达(fā dá): developed (country, etc.); flourishing; to develop
- 发抖(fā dǒu): to tremble; to shake; to shiver; to shudder; tremulous
- 发挥(fā huī): to display; to exhibit; to bring out implicit or innate qualities; to express (a thought or moral); to develop (an idea); to elaborate (on a theme)
- 发明(fā míng): to invent; invention; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 发票(fā piào): invoice; receipt or bill for purchase
- 发言(fā yán): to make a speech; statement; utterance
- 开发(kāi fā): exploit (a resource); open up (for development); to develop
- 启发(qǐfā): to enlighten; to explain and arouse interest; to inspire; inspiration; heuristic (attributively); to teach; CL: 個|个(gè)
HSK 6 Word List
- 颁发(bān fā): to issue; to promulgate; to award
- 爆发(bào fā): to break out; to erupt; to explode; to burst out
- 迸发(bèng fā): to burst out; to gush; to spurt
- 发布(fā bù): to release; to issue; to announce; to distribute; also written 發发布(fā bù)
- 发财(fā cái): to get rich
- 发呆(fā dāi): to daydream; lost in thought
- 发动(fā dòng): to start; to launch; to unleash; to mobilize; to arouse
- 发觉(fā jué): to find; to detect; to discover
- 发射(fā shè): to shoot (a projectile); to fire (a rocket); to launch; to emit (a particle); to discharge; emanation; emission
- 发誓(fā shì): to vow; to pledge; to swear
- 发行(fā xíng): to publish; to issue (stocks, currency, etc.); to release; to distribute (a film)
- 发炎(fā yán): inflamed from infection or injury; inflammation
- 发扬(fā yáng): to develop; to make full use of
- 发育(fā yù): to develop; growth; development
- 激发(jī fā): to arouse; to excite
- 批发(pī fā): wholesale; bulk trade; distribution
- 散发(sàn fā): distribute; emit; issue
- 蒸发(zhēng fā): to evaporate; evaporation
- 自发(zì fā): spontaneous
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word