出差 (chū chāi) English Meaning
- to go on an official or business trip
Traditional Characters: 出差
出 forms words in:
差 forms words in:
Wǒ zài zhèlǐ chūchāi.
I’m here on business.
Wǒ fēi wǎng dōngjīng chūchāi.
I flew to Tokyo on business.
Tā qù niǔyuē chūchāile.
He went to New York on business.
Wǒ bàba jīngcháng qù měiguó chūchāi.
My father often goes to the United States on business.
Nǐ qù guówài shì wán er háishì chūchāi?
Did you go abroad for pleasure or on business?
Stroke Order & Character Components
出 (chū): to go out; to come out; to occur; to produce; to go beyond; to rise; to put forth; to happen; classifier for dramas, plays, operas, etc.
- 凵 (qiǎn): container
- 丨 (gǔn): line
差 (chà): to differ from; to fall short of; lacking; wrong; inferior
- ⺶ (rèn): sheep
- 工 (gōng): work
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 出
- 出租车 (chū zū chē): taxi
- 出 (chū): to go out; to come out; to occur; to produce; to go beyond; to rise; to put forth; to happen; classifier for dramas, plays, operas, etc.
- 出版 (chū bǎn): to publish; to come off the press; to put out
- 出口 (chū kǒu): an exit; to speak; to export; (of a ship) to leave port; CL:个 (gè)
- 出色 (chū sè): remarkable; outstanding
- 出示 (chū shì): to show; to take out and show to others; to display;
- 出席 (chū xí): to attend; to participate; present
- 突出 (tū chū): prominent; outstanding; to give prominence to; to protrude; to project
- 层出不穷 (céng chū bù qióng): more and more emerge; innumerable succession; breeding like flies (idiom)
- 出路 (chū lù): a way out (of a difficulty etc)
- 出卖 (chū mài): to offer for sale; to sell; to sell out or betray
- 出身 (chū shēn): family background; class origin
- 出神 (chū shén): entranced; Trance (music genre)
- 出息 (chū xi): promise; prospects; future
- 杰出 (jié chū): outstanding; distinguished; remarkable; prominent; illustrious
- 支出 (zhī chū): to spend; to pay out; expense
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 差
- 差(chà): differ from; short of; to lack; poor