Tā méiyǒu zài pàiduì shàng chūxiàn.
He didn’t show up at the party.
Kǎi lì jiàng zài diànshì shàng chūxiàn.
Kelly will appear on TV.
Bǐ’ěr méiyǒu zài pàiduì shàng chūxiàn.
Bill didn’t turn up at the party.
Xīngxīng kāishǐ zài tiānkōng zhòng chūxiàn.
Stars began to appear in the sky.
Wǒ bù zhīdào tā shénme shíhòu huì chūxiàn.
I don’t know when he’ll show up.
Zhídào kuàiyào zhōng wǔqián tā dōu méi chūxiàn.
He didn’t show up until shortly before noon.
Stroke Order & Character Components
出 (chū): to go out; to come out; to occur; to produce; to go beyond; to rise; to put forth; to happen; classifier for dramas, plays, operas, etc.
- 凵 (qiǎn): container
- 丨 (gǔn): line
现 (xiàn): to appear; present; now; existing; current
- 王 (yù): jade
- 见 (jiàn): to see
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 出
- 出租车 (chū zū chē): taxi
- 出 (chū): to go out; to come out; to occur; to produce; to go beyond; to rise; to put forth; to happen; classifier for dramas, plays, operas, etc.
- 出版 (chū bǎn): to publish; to come off the press; to put out
- 出口 (chū kǒu): an exit; to speak; to export; (of a ship) to leave port; CL:个 (gè)
- 出色 (chū sè): remarkable; outstanding
- 出示 (chū shì): to show; to take out and show to others; to display;
- 出席 (chū xí): to attend; to participate; present
- 突出 (tū chū): prominent; outstanding; to give prominence to; to protrude; to project
- 层出不穷 (céng chū bù qióng): more and more emerge; innumerable succession; breeding like flies (idiom)
- 出路 (chū lù): a way out (of a difficulty etc)
- 出卖 (chū mài): to offer for sale; to sell; to sell out or betray
- 出身 (chū shēn): family background; class origin
- 出神 (chū shén): entranced; Trance (music genre)
- 出息 (chū xi): promise; prospects; future
- 杰出 (jié chū): outstanding; distinguished; remarkable; prominent; illustrious
- 支出 (zhī chū): to spend; to pay out; expense
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 现
- 现在(xiàn zài): now; at present; at the moment; modern; current; nowadays
- 发现(fā xiàn): to find; to discover
- 表现(biǎo xiàn): to show; to show off; to display; to manifest; expression; manifestation; show; display; performance (at work, etc.)
- 实现(shí xiàn): to achieve; to implement; to realize; to bring about
- 体现(tǐ xiàn): to embody; to reflect; to incarnate
- 现代(xiàn dài): modern times; modern age; modern era
- 现实(xiàn shí): reality; actuality; real; actual; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 现象(xiàn xiàng): appearance; phenomenon; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 呈现(chéng xiàn): to appear; to emerge; to present (a certain appearance); demonstrate
- 兑现(duì xiàn): (of a cheque, etc.) to cash; to honor a commitment
- 现场(xiàn chǎng): actual location; the scene (of the incident); on-the-spot
- 现成(xiàn chéng): ready-made; readily available
- 现状(xiàn zhuàng): current situation
- 涌现(yǒng xiàn): to emerge in large numbers; to spring up; to emerge prominently
- 展现(zhǎn xiàn): to come out; to emerge
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word