Tā jǐ diǎn chūshēng de?
What time was she born?
Wǒ zài dōngtiān chūshēng.
I was born in the winter.
Tā zài nǎlǐ chūshēng zhǎng dà?
Where was he born and raised?
Yīng’ér zài 8 diǎn zhōng chūshēng.
The baby was born on 8 o’clock.
Nǐ shénme shíhòu chūshēng de?
When were you born?
Zhè shì tā chūshēng de chéngshì.
This is the town where he was born.
Stroke Order & Character Components
出 (chū): to go out; to come out; to occur; to produce; to go beyond; to rise; to put forth; to happen; classifier for dramas, plays, operas, etc.
- 凵 (qiǎn): container
- 丨 (gǔn): line
生 (shēng): to be born; to give birth; life; to grow; raw; uncooked; student
- 生 (shēng): be born
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 出
- 出租车 (chū zū chē): taxi
- 出 (chū): to go out; to come out; to occur; to produce; to go beyond; to rise; to put forth; to happen; classifier for dramas, plays, operas, etc.
- 出版 (chū bǎn): to publish; to come off the press; to put out
- 出口 (chū kǒu): an exit; to speak; to export; (of a ship) to leave port; CL:个 (gè)
- 出色 (chū sè): remarkable; outstanding
- 出示 (chū shì): to show; to take out and show to others; to display;
- 出席 (chū xí): to attend; to participate; present
- 突出 (tū chū): prominent; outstanding; to give prominence to; to protrude; to project
- 层出不穷 (céng chū bù qióng): more and more emerge; innumerable succession; breeding like flies (idiom)
- 出路 (chū lù): a way out (of a difficulty etc)
- 出卖 (chū mài): to offer for sale; to sell; to sell out or betray
- 出身 (chū shēn): family background; class origin
- 出神 (chū shén): entranced; Trance (music genre)
- 出息 (chū xi): promise; prospects; future
- 杰出 (jié chū): outstanding; distinguished; remarkable; prominent; illustrious
- 支出 (zhī chū): to spend; to pay out; expense
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 生
- 先生(xiānsheng): Mister (Mr.); husband; doctor (dialect); teacher; CL: 個|个(gè), 位(wèi)
- 学生(xuésheng): student; school child
- 医生(yīshēng): doctor; CL: 個|个(gè), 位(wèi), 名(míng)
- 生气(shēngqì): angry; mad; offended; animated; to get angry; to be enraged; to take offense; animation
- 出生(chūshēng): to be born
- 发生(fāshēng): to happen; to occur; to take place; to break out
- 生活(shēnghuó): life; activity; to live; livelihood
- 生命(shēngmìng): life; living; biological; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 生意(shēngyì): life force; vitality;
- 卫生间(wèishēngjiān): bathroom; toilet; WC; CL:间(jiān)
- 产生(chǎnshēng): to arise; to come into being; to come about; to give rise to; to bring into being; to bring about; to produce; to engender; to generate; to appear; appearance; emergence; generation; production; yield
- 花生(huāshēng): peanut; groundnut; CL:粒(lì)
- 陌生(mòshēng): strange; unfamiliar
- 人生(rénshēng): human life
- 生产(shēngchǎn): to give birth to a child; parturition; to produce; manufacture
- 生动(shēngdòng): vivid; lively
- 生长(shēngzhǎng): to grow
- 诞生(dànshēng): to be born
- 生存(shēngcún): to exist; to survive
- 生机(shēngjī): opportunity to live; to reprieve from death; life force; vitality
- 生理(shēnglǐ): physiology
- 生疏(shēngshū): unfamiliar; strange; out of practice; not accustomed
- 生态(shēngtài): way of life; ecology
- 生物(shēngwù): organism; living creature; life form; biological; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 生效(shēngxiào): to take effect; to go into effect
- 生肖(shēngxiào): animal from the Chinese zodiac; one of the twelve animals symbolic of the earthly branches 地支(dìzhī)
- 生锈(shēngxiù): to rust; to grow rusty; to corrode; oxidization
- 生育(shēngyù): to bear; to give birth; to grow; to rear; to bring up (children)
- 天生(tiānshēng): innate; natural
- 维生素(wéishēngsù): vitamin
- 自力更生(zìlìgēngshēng): regeneration through one’s own effort (idiom); self-reliance
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word