Zhèlǐ fùjìn yǒu méiyǒu jiāyóu zhàn?
Is there a gas station nearby?
Wǒmen zài xià gè jiāyóu zhàn tíng yīxià.
Let’s stop at the next gas station.
Èrshí yīnglǐ zhī wài yǒu yīgè jiāyóu zhàn.
There is a gas station 20 miles away.
Liǎng tiānnèi, tā sāncì bàolì qiǎngjié qìyóu jiāyóu zhàn.
He violently robbed a gas station three times in two days.
Kǎchē cháo jiāyóu zhàn shǐ qù. Wǒmen zài dì yīgè chūkǒu líkāile gāosù gōnglù
The truck headed for the service station. We left the highway at the first exit.
Stroke Order & Character Components
加 (jiā): to add; plus; (used after an adverb such as 不, 大, 稍, etc., and before a disyllabic verb, to indicate that the action of the verb is applied to something or somebody previously mentioned); to apply (restrictions, etc.) to (somebody); to give (support, consideration, etc.) to (something)
- 力 (lì): force
- 口 (kǒu): mouth
油 (yóu): oil; fat; grease; petroleum; to apply tung oil, paint or varnish; oily; greasy; glib; cunning
- 氵 (shui): water
- 由 (yóu): to follow; from; it is for…to; reason; cause; because of; due to; to; to leave it (to somebody); by (introduces passive verb)
站 (zhàn): station; to stand; to halt; to stop; branch of a company or organization; website
- 立 (lì): standing up
- 占 (zhàn): to take possession of; to occupy; to take up
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 加
- 参加(cān jiā): to participate; to take part; to join
- 加工(jiā gōng): to process; processing; working (of machinery)
- 加剧(jiā jù): to intensify; to sharpen; to accelerate; to aggravate; to exacerbate; to embitter
- 施加(shī jiā): to exert (effort or pressure)
- 雪上加霜(xuě shàng jiā shuāng): to add hail to snow (idiom); one disaster on top of another; to make things worse in a bad situation
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 油
- 加油站 (jiā yóu zhàn): gas station
- 柴油 (chái yóu): diesel fuel
- 石油 (shí yóu): oil; petroleum
- 油腻 (yóu nì): grease; greasy food; oily; rich (of food); fatty; greasy and dirty; a slippery character
- 油漆 (yóu qī): oil paints; lacquer; to paint; CL: 层(céng)
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word