Tā bèi pò jiābān.
He was forced to work overtime.
Yuēhàn pí yú jiābān.
John was tired from working overtime.
Jīntiān wǒ bù jiābān.
I won’t work overtime today.
Wǒ zuótiān bìxū jiābān.
I had to work overtime yesterday.
Kǒngpà nǐ yào jiābānle.
I’m afraid you have to work overtime.
Wǒ de lǎobǎn yào wǒ jiābān.
My boss made me work overtime.
Stroke Order & Character Components
加 (jiā): to add; plus; (used after an adverb such as 不, 大, 稍, etc., and before a disyllabic verb, to indicate that the action of the verb is applied to something or somebody previously mentioned); to apply (restrictions, etc.) to (somebody); to give (support, consideration, etc.) to (something)
- 力 (lì): force
- 口 (kǒu): mouth
班 (bān): team; class; squad; work shift; ranking; CL: 個|个(gè); classifier for groups
- 王 (yù): jade
- 刂 (dāo): knife
- 王 (yù): jade
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 加
- 参加(cān jiā): to participate; to take part; to join
- 加工(jiā gōng): to process; processing; working (of machinery)
- 加剧(jiā jù): to intensify; to sharpen; to accelerate; to aggravate; to exacerbate; to embitter
- 施加(shī jiā): to exert (effort or pressure)
- 雪上加霜(xuě shàng jiā shuāng): to add hail to snow (idiom); one disaster on top of another; to make things worse in a bad situation
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 班
- 上班(shàng bān): to go to work; to be on duty; to start work; to go to the office
- 班(bān): team; class; squad; work shift; classifier for groups; ranking; surname Ban; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 航班(háng bān): scheduled flight; flight number; plane; scheduled sailing; sailing number; passenger ship
- 加班(jiā bān): to work overtime
- 值班(zhí bān): to work a shift; on duty
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word