Jíshǐ shì wān shù yě néng zhē yīn.
Even crooked trees give shade.
Jíshǐ xià yǔ wǒmen yě yào qù.
We’ll go even if it rains.
Jíshǐ xià yǔ wǒ yě huì qù nàlǐ.
I will go there even if it rains.
Jíshǐ tā ài wǒ, wǒ yě bù ài tā.
Even if she loves me, I don’t love her.
Jíshǐ shì xiǎohái yě néng dú zhè běn shū.
Even children can read this book.
Jíshǐ zuì piányí de yě biāojià 5 yīngbàng.
Even the cheapest ones cost £5.
Stroke Order & Character Components
即 (jí): namely; that is; i.e.; prompt; at once; at present; even if; prompted (by the occasion); to approach; to come into contact; to assume (office); to draw near
- 艮 (gěn): decided
- 卩 (jié): seal
使 (shǐ): to make; to cause; to enable; to use; to employ; to send; to instruct sb to do sth; envoy; messenger
- 亻 (rén): man
- 吏 (lì): minor government official or functionary (old)
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 即
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 使
- 大使馆 (dà shǐ guǎn): embassy; CL: 座(zuò), 個|个(gè)
- 即使 (jí shǐ): even if; even though; given that
- 使 (shǐ): to cause; to enable; to use; to employ; to make; to send; to instruct somebody to do something; envoy; messenger
- 使用 (shǐ yòng): to use; to employ; to apply; to make use of
- 促使 (cù shǐ): to induce; to promote; to urge; to impel; to bring about; to provoke; to drive (somebody to do something); to catalyze; to actuate; to contribute to (some development)
- 使劲儿 (shǐ jìn r): to exert all one’s strength
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word