Tā wúfǎ yìngfù yālì.
She is unable to withstand the pressure.
Wǒ zuìjìn yālì yǒudiǎn dà.
I’ve been under a lot of pressure lately.
Yālì dīle, fèidiǎn jiù dī.
When pressure is lower, the boiling point is lower.
Wǒ yālì hào dà, wǒ zhēn xiǎng kū.
I’m under so much pressure, I just want to cry.
Kōngqì yālì shǐ shuǐ tōngguò guǎndào.
Air pressure forces the water through the pipe.
Xiàngpí bù yìng, zài yālì xià huì biànxíng.
Rubber is not hard: it gives way to pressure.
Stroke Order & Character Components
压 (yā): to press; to push down; to keep under (control); pressure
- 厂 (chǎng): production facility
- 圡 (tǔ): 圡
力 (lì): power; force; strength; ability; strenuously
- 力 (lì): force
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 压
- 压力 (yā lì): pressure
- 气压 (qì yā): atmospheric pressure; barometric pressure
- 血压 (xuè yā): blood pressure
- 压迫 (yā pò): to oppress; to repress; to constrict; oppression; stress (physics)
- 压岁钱 (yā suì qián): money given to children as new year present
- 压缩 (yā suō): to compress; compression
- 压抑 (yā yì): to constrain or repress emotions; oppressive; stifling; depressing; repression
- 压榨 (yā zhà): to press; to squeeze; to extract juice, oil etc by squeezing
- 压制 (yā zhì): to suppress; to inhibit; to stifle
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 力
- 努力(nǔlì): great effort; to strive; to try hard
- 力气(lì qi): strength; CL: 把(bǎ)
- 能力(néng lì): capability; capable; able; ability; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 巧克力(qiǎo kè lì): chocolate (loanword); CL: 块(kuài)
- 压力(yā lì): pressure
- 尽力(jìn lì): to strive one’s hardest; to spare no effort
- 精力(jīng lì): energy
- 力量(lì liang): power; force; strength
- 魅力(mèi lì): charm; fascination; glamor; charisma
- 权力(quán lì): authority; power
- 暴力(bào lì): violence; (use) force; violent
- 吃力(chī lì): entail strenuous effort; be a strain
- 得力(dé lì): able; capable; competent; efficient
- 动力(dòng lì): power; motion; propulsion; force
- 活力(huó lì): energy; vitality; vigor; vital force
- 竭尽全力(jié jìn quán lì): to spare no effort (idiom); to do one’s utmost
- 力求(lì qiú): to make every effort to; striving to do one’s best
- 力所能及(lì suǒnéng jí): as far as one’s capabilities extend (idiom); to the best of one’s ability; within one’s powers
- 力争(lì zhēng): to work hard for; to do all one can; to contend strongly
- 魄力(pò lì): courage; daring; boldness; resolution; drive
- 齐心协力(qí xīn xié lì): to work with a common purpose (idiom); to make concerted efforts; to pull together; to work as one
- 潜力(qián lì): potential; capacity
- 全力以赴(quán lì yǐfù): do at all costs; make an all-out effort
- 实力(shí lì): strength
- 势力(shì li): power; (ability to) influence
- 视力(shì lì): vision; eyesight
- 威力(wēi lì): might; formidable power
- 无能为力(wú néng wéi lì): impotent (idiom); powerless; helpless
- 毅力(yì lì): perseverance; willpower
- 智力(zhì lì): intelligence; intellect
- 致力(zhì lì): to work for; to devote one’s efforts to
- 自力更生(zì lì gēng shēng): regeneration through one’s own effort (idiom); self-reliance
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word