Tā jíshí fùyuēle.
He was on time for the appointment.
Wǒ shèfǎ jíshí dào nàlǐ.
I managed to get there in time.
Tā jíshí gǎndàole huìyì.
He arrived just in time for the meeting.
Tā shèfǎ jíshí dàodá nàlǐle.
He managed to get there in time.
Jíshí bǔ yī zhēn, shěngdé bǔ jiǔ zhēn.
A stitch in time saves nine.
Jíshí fùkuǎn zhèng shì wǒmen suǒ pànwàng de.
What we expected is nothing less than a timely
Stroke Order & Character Components
及 (jí): and; to reach; up to; in time for
- 又 (yòu): still / hand
- –: unidentified strokes
时 (shí): o'clock; time; when; hour; season; period
- 日 (rì): sun
- 寸 (cùn): thumb
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 及
- 及时 (jí shí): in time; promptly; without delay; timely
- 来不及 (lái bu jí): there’s not enough time (to do something); it’s too late (to do something)
- 来得及 (lái de jí): there’s still time; able to do something in time
- 及早 (jí zǎo): at the earliest possible time; as soon as possible
- 力所能及 (lì suǒ néng jí): as far as one’s capabilities extend (idiom); to the best of one’s ability; within one’s powers
- 迫不及待 (pò bù jí dài): impatient (idiom); in a hurry; itching to get on with it
- 普及 (pǔ jí): popular; to popularize; universal; ubiquitous; pervasive
- 涉及 (shè jí): to involve; to touch upon (a topic)
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 时
- 时候(shí hou): time; length of time; moment; period
- 按时(àn shí): on time; before deadline; on schedule
- 当时(dāng shí): then; at that time; while
- 及时(jí shí): in time; promptly; without delay; timely
- 平时(píng shí): in normal times; in peacetime
- 同时(tóng shí): at the same time; simultaneously
- 暂时(zàn shí): temporary; provisional; for the time being
- 准时(zhǔn shí): on time; punctual; on schedule
- 临时(lín shí): at the instant something happens; temporary; interim; ad hoc
- 时差(shí chā): jet lag; time lag; jet lag
- 时代(shí dài): age; era; epoch; period; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 时刻(shí kè): moment; constantly; always; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 时髦(shí máo): in vogue; fashionable
- 时期(shí qī): a period in time or history; period; time (interval); phase; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 时尚(shí shàng): fashion
- 随时(suí shí): at any time
- 不时(bù shí): frequently; often
- 顿时(dùn shí): at once; immediately; forthwith
- 时常(shí cháng): often; frequently
- 时而(shí ér): occasionally; from time to time
- 时光(shí guāng): time; era; period of time
- 时机(shí jī): fortunate timing; occasion; opportunity
- 时事(shí shì): current trends; the present situation; how things are going
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word