Qíshí méiyǒu fāshēng.
It didn’t actually happen.
Xīwàng tā bù huì fāshēng.
Hope it doesn’t happen!
Nà shì bù huì fāshēng de.
That’s not going to happen.
Wǒ xīwàng nà huì fāshēng.
I hope that happens.
Wǒ bùxiǎng zhè zhǒng shì fāshēng.
I don’t want that to happen.
Zhè shì zhàndòu fāshēng dì dìfāng.
This is where the battle took place.
Stroke Order & Character Components
发 (fā): to send out; to show (one's feeling); to issue; to develop; to make a bundle of money; classifier for gunshots (rounds)
- 𠂇: hand
- 丶 (zhǔ): stroke
- 又 (yòu): still / hand
生 (shēng): to be born; to give birth; life; to grow; raw; uncooked; student
- 生 (shēng): be born
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 发
- 发(fā): to send out; to show (one’s feeling); to issue; to develop; classifier for gunshots (rounds)
- 发烧(fā shāo): have a high temperature (from illness); have a fever
- 发现(fā xiàn): to find; to discover
- 头发(tóu fa): hair (on the head)
- 出发(chū fā): to start out; to set off
- 发生(fā shēng): to happen; to occur; to take place; to break out
- 发展(fā zhǎn): development; growth; to develop; to grow; to expand
- 理发(lǐfà): a barber; hairdressing
- 沙发(shā fā): sofa; CL: 条(tiáo), 张(zhāng)
- 发表(fā biǎo): to publish; to issue; to put out; to issue (a statement);
- 发愁(fā chóu): to worry; to fret; to be anxious; to become sad
- 发达(fā dá): developed (country, etc.); flourishing; to develop
- 发抖(fā dǒu): to tremble; to shake; to shiver; to shudder; tremulous
- 发挥(fā huī): to display; to exhibit; to bring out implicit or innate qualities; to express (a thought or moral); to develop (an idea); to elaborate (on a theme)
- 发明(fā míng): to invent; invention; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 发票(fā piào): invoice; receipt or bill for purchase
- 发言(fā yán): to make a speech; statement; utterance
- 开发(kāi fā): exploit (a resource); open up (for development); to develop
- 启发(qǐfā): to enlighten; to explain and arouse interest; to inspire; inspiration; heuristic (attributively); to teach; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 颁发(bān fā): to issue; to promulgate; to award
- 爆发(bào fā): to break out; to erupt; to explode; to burst out
- 迸发(bèng fā): to burst out; to gush; to spurt
- 发布(fā bù): to release; to issue; to announce; to distribute; also written 發发布(fā bù)
- 发财(fā cái): to get rich
- 发呆(fā dāi): to daydream; lost in thought
- 发动(fā dòng): to start; to launch; to unleash; to mobilize; to arouse
- 发觉(fā jué): to find; to detect; to discover
- 发射(fā shè): to shoot (a projectile); to fire (a rocket); to launch; to emit (a particle); to discharge; emanation; emission
- 发誓(fā shì): to vow; to pledge; to swear
- 发行(fā xíng): to publish; to issue (stocks, currency, etc.); to release; to distribute (a film)
- 发炎(fā yán): inflamed from infection or injury; inflammation
- 发扬(fā yáng): to develop; to make full use of
- 发育(fā yù): to develop; growth; development
- 激发(jī fā): to arouse; to excite
- 批发(pī fā): wholesale; bulk trade; distribution
- 散发(sàn fā): distribute; emit; issue
- 蒸发(zhēng fā): to evaporate; evaporation
- 自发(zì fā): spontaneous
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word
Links to all HSK Words & Lists Containing 生
- 先生(xiānsheng): Mister (Mr.); husband; doctor (dialect); teacher; CL: 個|个(gè), 位(wèi)
- 学生(xuésheng): student; school child
- 医生(yīshēng): doctor; CL: 個|个(gè), 位(wèi), 名(míng)
- 生气(shēngqì): angry; mad; offended; animated; to get angry; to be enraged; to take offense; animation
- 出生(chūshēng): to be born
- 发生(fāshēng): to happen; to occur; to take place; to break out
- 生活(shēnghuó): life; activity; to live; livelihood
- 生命(shēngmìng): life; living; biological; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 生意(shēngyì): life force; vitality;
- 卫生间(wèishēngjiān): bathroom; toilet; WC; CL:间(jiān)
- 产生(chǎnshēng): to arise; to come into being; to come about; to give rise to; to bring into being; to bring about; to produce; to engender; to generate; to appear; appearance; emergence; generation; production; yield
- 花生(huāshēng): peanut; groundnut; CL:粒(lì)
- 陌生(mòshēng): strange; unfamiliar
- 人生(rénshēng): human life
- 生产(shēngchǎn): to give birth to a child; parturition; to produce; manufacture
- 生动(shēngdòng): vivid; lively
- 生长(shēngzhǎng): to grow
- 诞生(dànshēng): to be born
- 生存(shēngcún): to exist; to survive
- 生机(shēngjī): opportunity to live; to reprieve from death; life force; vitality
- 生理(shēnglǐ): physiology
- 生疏(shēngshū): unfamiliar; strange; out of practice; not accustomed
- 生态(shēngtài): way of life; ecology
- 生物(shēngwù): organism; living creature; life form; biological; CL: 個|个(gè)
- 生效(shēngxiào): to take effect; to go into effect
- 生肖(shēngxiào): animal from the Chinese zodiac; one of the twelve animals symbolic of the earthly branches 地支(dìzhī)
- 生锈(shēngxiù): to rust; to grow rusty; to corrode; oxidization
- 生育(shēngyù): to bear; to give birth; to grow; to rear; to bring up (children)
- 天生(tiānshēng): innate; natural
- 维生素(wéishēngsù): vitamin
- 自力更生(zìlìgēngshēng): regeneration through one’s own effort (idiom); self-reliance
*CL: Classifier/Measure Word